We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in or near merrimack valley

Dumont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to do in or near merrimack valley

Im planning a trip to merrimack valley mid oct. I plan to do a day trip to salem ma. Any suggestions on things to do near the manchester area. I like horseback riding, country stores, most outdoor activities, wineries, farms etc.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in or near merrimack valley

LaBelle Winery in Bedford is near Manchester. They have a nice Cafe and restaurant and you can do tastings or flights, I think. Food is very good. They probably do tours, too.

Horseback riding will depend on your skill and expectations for trail riding. There are many stables that teach riding, including at some pretty high levels, but I don't know who might do trail rides, etc. I would suggest you look at the nh tourism website visitnh.gov, or Google "horseback riding nh".

Mid October should be good foliage in the southern tie of nh.i would recommend a drive out rte101 West, part the Winfrey to Peterborough and Keene. Explore some towns like Hancock, Dublin, Harrisville and others in the area. You could also travel North to Walpole, back east on Rte 123, then back to Manchester. You will see just about everything you are instated in, orchards should still be picking. Variety of farms, though I don't know how accessible they are to just come in and check them out. All of the towns are quaint and charming small towns, Peterborough being the largest, and Kreme being a small city. You will find your country charm as well as sophistication, arts, fine dining, and more.

Dumont, New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in or near merrimack valley

Thank you for all the great suggestions.

3. Re: Things to do in or near merrimack valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 17, 2017