We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

Galesburg, Michigan
1 post
Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

It looks as if I may need a place to live for 13 weeks (or more). I expect to take an temporary assignment at Elliot Hospital. It may be as soon a few weeks. I need a 2 bedroom place that allows dogs.A yard or playground would be nice for my six year old. We have a little Yorkie. Of course we want it to be priced modestly and in a good area. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,669 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

You need to contact a realtor/rental agent. I would also check with the hospital employment office. I'm sure you're not the first short term temporary assignment. They probably have housing contacts.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

Agree with redrox. This could be an awkward rental period. You might also check some of the vacation rental sites, like vrbo.com. Some places may offer long term rental options during of season. You might also want to place an ad in the Manchester Union leader and other daily and weekly papers, and also on NH Craigslist.

Manchester is a small city, but the largest in NH. Consider a one hour circle around for your search. Commuting is easy in NH, if you are not going to Boston. A one hour circle will expand your search Northto Concord and Tilton, easy to Exeter South to Nashua and even into Mass., and West to Peterborough. All of the towns within this circle will afford many options beyond just Manchester. If you find housing in Hooksett, Auburn, Candia, londonderry, Derry, Bedford, Goffstown, Merrimack, you will be an easy 20 minute drive to the Eliot. The rest of the circle are totally reasonable options.

Boston...
Level Contributor
434 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

I agree with the post above me, focus on the surrounding communities. I have an office in Auburn and it's a very easy ten minute drive to the Elliot, and a nice community as well. In Manchester there are plenty of neighborhoods to avoid - it's not as dangerous as a big city but if you are a professional with a choice, there are much better options out there.

Edited: 8:08 am, February 22, 2016
4. Re: Advice needed on apt. or house for rent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, March 08, 2017