We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Apartments?

USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any Apartments?

Relocating to Manchester...does anyone have any insight into Apartments near the Verizon Center...or any decent area nearby? Also any recommendations for a hotel nearby until can move in? Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Apartments?

Are you trying to be in the downtown area? I think that the neighborhood immediately adjacent to Verizon Center, particularly to the east, is not so good. There are some old restored mill housing that is now turned into condos that look pretty nice. These are one block between Elm and Canal. There are some new apartment buildings in the neighborhood around Elm and Bridge Streets. Beyond that you start to lose the walkable option. Generally speaking, the neighborhoods get nicer as you go North of Bridge. Also east of Elm as you get up near Mammoth Road. Other neighborhoods South and West are also worth considering. Depending on the neighborhood, you are less likely to find apartment buildings like in large cities, and more likely to find broken up big old Victorians and 2 and 3 floor walkups, especially as you move away from the downtown area. Other than that, these neighborhoods are mostly single family homes. The are a number of newer condo developments around the city where there may be a lot of rental units. I know that in the area just east of I-93 there are quite a few, but don't know about other parts of the city. Manchester has been in transformation for the last 10 years or more and is becoming a very cool and diverse city. I think the downtown will continue to grow and develop a broad range of options.

As for hotels, there are two nice downtown hotels - the Radisson and the Hilton Garden Inn, but I don't expect these to be cheap and conducive to extended stay unless you have a generous budget to work with. You might want to look at some of the hotel near the airport. I believe there is one or more of the chain hotel Suite hotels that offer more reasonable units. I don't know what else there is, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might also check vrbo.com and other rental sites.

Edited: 7:28 am, September 04, 2015
USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Apartments?

WOW!Thank you so, so much New Stop...all the info is absolutely terrific. No need to have it be walkable to the Verizon Center but hoping to avoid a long commute. Depending on the city and traffic, a long commute can get tedious especially after putting in some long hours. Hotel first few days anyways. Nice to know the city is undergoing a renaissance too!

NH
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Apartments?

On Perimeter Rd (by the Manchester/Boston Regional airport) short term there are some hotels with kitchenettes. SpringHill, I think. ..Check the Hilton and Marriott websites for room with kitchenettes.

Edited: 8:24 pm, September 05, 2015
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Apartments?

gottabeach, glad to be helpful. I don't know where you are moving here from, but commuting within the state,even to the biggest city of Manchester, is not big city stuff. Generally no congestion and spotty bits of traffic here and there. Commuting is more a matter of distance. The worst traffic headaches come during road construction season, when the state and toens repave roads degraded by the harsh winters. Whether a narrowed highway, or waiting for cars going the opposite direction on a two lane road, roadwork is the biggest commuting nuisance.

There are many nicve places to live in Manchester. But. If you want to look beyond Manchester, consider that COncord is an easy 20 minute drive north on I-93, and Nashua about the same south on Rte 3/Everett Turnpike. Manchester to Salem, NH is a bit more, maybe 25 minutes, south on I-93. Any town within and adjacent to these corriders is fair game for easy commute to Manchester. In the smaller towns, it may be difficut to find an apartment, though they exist, But in Concord, Nashua and Salem, as well as Londonderry, Derry, Hooksett, and others you will find a variety of apartments, condos, town houses, etc. And you should be able to commute within 20 to 30 minutes.

5. Re: Any Apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 19, 2016