We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menchester NH

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Menchester NH

We plan a trip to Manchester NH - spend 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. Is it in a good location, any feed back and suggestions?

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menchester NH

The airport is near the Mall of NH and shopping on S. Willow St., walkable but not vety interesting unless you are looking for all the shops you can find everywhere else. You will need a car in order to get to downtown. There is sporadic bus service and cabs. But this is not a big city, even though it is the largest in NH. If you have anoptiin and want to be walkable to downtown, I would suggest the Radisson or the Hilton Garden Inn.

Regardless, you will need a car to get around most of Manchester and the state.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menchester NH

Although Manchester has become a lot more interesting in the last 10 years, I still wouldn't call it a vacation destination. Unless you have a specific reason to be in Manchester, I would choose another town as a base for a vacation. New Hampshire has many charming little towns and some beautiful countryside within an hour of Manchester airport. Towns like Peterborough, Warner, Canterbury, Meridith, New London, Plymouth and Portsmouth are all places that would be a nice base to explore New Hampshire.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
166 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menchester NH

The area near the airport is a safe area. As others have said, you will need a car to see anything.

4. Re: Menchester NH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, July 25, 2017