We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

massachusetts
6 posts
Save Topic
Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

We are taking a long weekend trip this fall and staying in Lincoln. We have kids ages 2,5 and 8. We will be going to Storyland and Santa's Village. I was also thinking of taking the Loon Mountain gondola ride during Oktoberfest weekend. Do you think this would be a fun outing with kids? It says it is a 4 person gondola...will they let all 5 of us on at once? Can we/ should we bring a small stroller? I guess I am trying to figure out what to expect once we get there and how we will get around, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Belmont, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

You would take the gondola ride for the enjoyment of the ride. Unless you plan on doing some hiking, there isn't much to do on top except look at the views probably pretty boring for kids that young.

I haven't ridden in the gondolas in the summer but I do ski there often and the gondolas are small, it is a pretty tight squeeze for 4 adults but it might not be as tight with the kids. They might let you ride together as the total weight would be less than 4 adults.

If the timing is right, you might consider traveling 10 miles up the road to the Cannon Mountain Tram. It is sceduled to be open daily, weather permitting, from 9am to 5pm through Sunday, October 14, 2012. It is a large tram, more space for the kids to run around and the views are much better.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

I haven't done the gondola ride since my son was about 8 (many moons ago) but as I recall there are some fun boulders and "caves" to explore at the top (nothing dangerous) so my memory of it is that it's a perfect outing for small kids.

In addition to Storyland and Santa's Village you might want to check-out Six Gun City - very corny but something we used to do every summer from about age 4 to 9.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

There is enough room for five and with your little one, you would not be approaching the weight limit. You'll not have much use for a stroller on the summit.

I would second NHDave's suggestion of Cannon Mountain's tram. The ride itself is huge, so there is no doubt that you'll travel as a group together. The views from the summit are far better too.

LMM

4. Re: Gondola ride on Loon Mountain / Oktoberfest with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 08, 2013