We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at Jackson-haunted?

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
649 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Inn at Jackson-haunted?

Is there any truth in this story ? Local input required !!

Jackson NH
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

I've lived in Jackson for 25 years and have never heard of the inn being haunted, the ghost at the Inn at Jackson seems to have moved in with the new innkeepers who recently purchased the inn. You decide paranormal or paramarketing! WOOOOOOOOOO!

jackson
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

We're guessing as new owners of the Inn at Jackson, it's appropriate that we respond to our local resident's inference that our inn's 'haunting" is a product of our marketing. We suggest they speak to the previous innkeepers who actually had a medium in the property. It's up to the individual to decide if they believe in this stuff or not. We just take it for what it's meant to be...interesting and fun discussion. For those who believe, please come visit us, and we'll be glad to share some stories with you. In either case, we promise you'll enjoy your stay with us. And for that skeptical Jackson resident, we invite you to be our complimentary guest for a couple of nights to experience the Inn at Jackson's charm in person.

Jackson NH
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

Hey skifan1don't take it personally it's just that a number of old timers found it funny that you suddenly acquired a ghost that no one had ever heard of. Next time I see Bob B. or Laurie T. I'll be sure to ask them about their supernatural experiences at the inn.

Furthermore I never questioned that your inn isn't a charming place to visit, I was only giving dooper the local input he requested.

Jackson, NH
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

Hello dooper, I have just read the postings about the Inn at Jackson. You asked if there is any truth of the Inn being haunted. Yes, in my opinion the Inn is haunted. I was the previous innkeeper of 19 years and lived on the premises. There were a few unexplained happenings at the Inn.

To the Jacksonite who is doubting the ghostly entities, I would be happy to share my experiences with him/her and to all the old timers in Jackson who think they know everything.....

Lori T

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

Hello Goby, fascinating subject for many people. I've never seen one but I went to an old prison in Dublin and felt very uncomfortable in one of the cells. Sort of like there is someone looking at you but no one is there. Anyway, according to "ghost experts" there is usually a traumatic event that occurred that keeps spirits in a certain place. Do you know of anything like that occurring at the inn.

Perhaps the C of C could do a "visit the haunted inns of jackson" weekend. The Mt Wash hotel has a resident ghost and has been featured on television many times.

Jackson, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

As the Executive Director of the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce and a previous Innkeeper/Hospitality Executive I have heard ghost stories from employees and owners alike... some of these stories involved the hauntings at the Inn at Jackson and others involve at least three other properties in the Jackson Area... Perhaps it is time to do a "Haunt your Favorite Inn" weekend! Keep your eyes and ears open... if you dare!

7. Re: Inn at Jackson-haunted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jackson