We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall 2017 visit

Delaware
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fall 2017 visit

Hoping to surprise my husband with a relatively brief 4-day trip to the White Mountains. I found some great Air b&b places in the Jackson area, and am lucky enough to have off weekdays so I'm thinking Sunday 10/8/17-Wednesday 10/11/17. From what I've looked at, the weather that time of year is decent (though I prefer cold), and the foliage will be peak or near peak. Is Jackson a good base area to do some day hikes as well as drive the Mt. Washington auto road? I also figure going on weekdays during the busy fall season will have less crowds than weekends. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
White Mountains
White Mountains
New Hampshire
Mount Washington Auto Road
Mount Washington Auto...
1,469 Reviews
Gorham, NH
Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall 2017 visit

You've hit the jackpot. Book the nicest place you can afford. Perfect timing, perfect location.

Delaware
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall 2017 visit

Thank you NextStopls!!

Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,518 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall 2017 visit

I agree that Jackson is a great spot. Be sure to check out Jackson Falls in town. Ask for directions if you can't find them.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson Falls
Jackson Falls
313 Reviews
Jackson, NH
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall 2017 visit

We were there at that time once, in Jackson. As the 2 others stated, jackpot! Mt Wash Auto Road is easily accessible. Covered Bridge B&B has a cute gift shop actually on a covered bridge over a creek. Jackson Falls..so fun.

Mentioned in this post
Jackson Falls
Jackson Falls
313 Reviews
Jackson, NH
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
424 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fall 2017 visit

Good timing- I would advise booking early in Jackson, NH or anywhere since Columbus Day Oct 9 is a Holiday and many lodgings have restricted length of stay or increased price-so book early that is a popular weekend!

Take a day to drive the Kanc Highway as well- lots of trails and incredible views! Enjoy- fall is glorious in New England!

Mentioned in this post
Jackson
Jackson
White Mountains, NH
New England
New England
United States
6. Re: Fall 2017 visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, March 04, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Jackson