We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Is there any motel/hotel accommodation in Hanover itself (by which I don't mean White River Junction, Lebanon or other surrounding towns) where I might pay $80-100/night in mid-May?

I have found the Chieftain Inn (itself a little out of town) for $119/night, but this is just enough to make me choose to stay at the Super 8 in WRJ for $67/night. But if I can avoid doing that I would like to, and a hotel for $80-100/night in Hanover would do just that.

Thank you.

P.S. - Locals will know, of course, but for those who don't Dartmouth College commencement is in mid-June and will have no bearing.

Mentioned in this post
Hanover
Hanover
New Hampshire
Lebanon
Lebanon
New Hampshire
Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College
156 Reviews
Hanover, NH
8 replies to this topic
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Other than the Hanover Inn which is above that price range, there are no other accommodations right in "downtown" Hanover. You could try the Sunset Motel in Lebanon, NH which is about as close as the Chieftain, also about 5 minutes from downtown Hanover. You might also look at the Hanover Chamber of Commerce's listing at <http://www.hanoverchamber.org/view.members.php?c=cat_stay> or this listing on the Dartmouth College website: <http://www.dartmouth.edu/admissions/visit/plan/lodging.html>.

Mentioned in this post
Hanover
Hanover
New Hampshire
Lebanon
Lebanon
New Hampshire
Dartmouth College
Dartmouth College
156 Reviews
Hanover, NH
san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

The chieftan motor inn http://www.chieftaininn.com/ is on the fringe of town, and runs $100-120.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

tdubb, I don't want to be rude but I'm a little confused with your reply.

Firstly, it's been a couple of months since this thread stopped and secondly you haven't said anything I didn't say myself in my original post.

If I'm missing something important you are trying to let me know please reply as I would be really grateful of any new information.

Thank you.

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Oh dear, sorry, I was procrastinating at work and doing a quick survey of places I know about when I came across your post. I obviously read it to quickly and did not even notice the date... I promise to be a more responsible Tripadvisor from here on out!

lcole@vermontlaw.edu
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Hi. Are you looking for something within walking distance of the college? If not, you might enjoy a rustic cabin (all 21 of them have fireplaces and a few have gas heaters as well) 11 miles north of Hanover on Post Pond. The place is called Loch Lyme Lodge and is busy with families from mid June to Labor Day but in the shoulder season it works and the price is good.

Mentioned in this post
Hanover
Hanover
New Hampshire
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

The Loch Lyme Lodge looks lovely but starting at $155 per night it's a little out of my $80-100 budget, not to mention 11 miles out of town when I was concerned with the Chieftain and Super 8 being a bit too far.

You would have seen the sorts of prices I'm looking at when you read my original post so can I ask why you thought this would appeal to me? Have I missed a sale or lower price somewhere? (Would love it if I have! hehe)

Vermont
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Yoiu might look at the Hotel Coolidge in the Village of White River Junction.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Coolidge
Hotel Coolidge
363 Reviews
White River Junction, VT
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,224 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?

Thank you, I will consider it.

Reply to: Any chance of $80-100/night in May?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted