We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly Beach?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
133 reviews
Dog Friendly Beach?

Hi,

I am looking to do a day trip to NH sometime next month. I love the ocean and would love to take my little dog (he's under 25 pounds). Are there any beaches (and parks) that are dog friendly? Thank you for any replies.

Portsmouth NH
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

I live in Portsmouth NH and take my little dogs to Seapoint Beach in Kittery all the time. It's a great dog beach. It's about 15 min from Portsmouth NH. It's off Route 103 follow signs to Fort Foster. There is also Centennial Park in Hampton NH. Lot's of people bring their dogs to the north beach in Hampton as well. Have fun!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
133 reviews
2. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

Thank you so much for your reply. I was afraid I wouldn't hear anything prior to the day (dates) I wish to go. I will take your suggestions : - )

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

IT's very quiet this time of year and bringing a dog along the beach with not very many people on it to begin with is fine. It's when it's really packed with people that they really discourage it. It's basically okay after 6PM, but this time of year there's plenty of people that are out walking with their dogs. As long as it's quiet and not filled with a lot of people. During the week is the best time to go!

We see a lot of people walking their dogs all along the coast. Where the previous poster said to go is really good too, we've gone there a lot just this past summer as a matter of fact....

Enjoy the weather and your visit!

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

Aquablue,

Welcome to NH!!! You may recall we posted back and forth after our and your Alaska visit.

I see dogs on all the NH beaches anytime it is not crowded. You should feel free to go to any this time of year.

Will you be going elsewhere in NH?

DJF

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
133 reviews
5. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

Hi DJF,

I told you I would be inquiring into N.H.: - ) Even though it is much close than AK, it still is rather far for a day trip. I'm currently debating between Maine and NH for a weeklong trip. Any dog friendly accomodations along the NH coast?

Southern New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

No longer having a dog I can't comment first hand but as I mentioned before I don't expect that you'll ahve any problems along the shore this time of year.

I love Camden and Boothbay Harbor, ME but that's a much longer trip for a weekend.

7. Re: Dog Friendly Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 22, 2009