We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic in July

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic in July

Just wondering about the traffic in late July/early August heading to the beach. My wife and I will be staying at Lamie's Inn on Lafayette. Any parking recommendations as we approach the beach area? We have no issues with parking further away and just walking to the beach.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Lafayette
Lafayette
Indiana
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
186 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic in July

Traffic itself during the week is fairly dependent on the weather naturally with hot=busiest. Weekends are the busiest and again can be almost unbearable when it's hot. Best advice for good parking is the earlier the better. That being said, here's a link to a decent map of the town of Hampton & Hampton beach:

www.mapquest.com/maps…

You'll be staying in the town of Hampton (about 1 mile in a straight line from the beach) which is at the corner of Lafayette Road aka Route 27 (which comes in from 95) aka Exeter Road until it gets to Lafayette Road. When you cross Lafayette Road, (Lamies would be on your left) the road then becomes High Street which goes to the beach road which is Route 1A-aka known as Ocean Boulevard-the waterfront road. Take a right & there's beaches all along Ocean Boulevard from one end of Hampton beach to the other. Your best bet is to figure out what type of beach you want to visit-relatively quiet, busy, people-watching, one with lots of restaurants, etc nearby and then post again cuz there is almost every type of beach you can think of. There's no free parking, but some can be had relatively cheaply. There's meters, large & small lots, all types. Some have parking right there next to the beach,. Parking in the 'hot' section of Hampton Beach where all the arcades are located can be a walk of a block or two but is fairly expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Beach
Hampton Beach
931 Reviews
Hampton, NH
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic in July

Thanks. I would assume that the beaches are quieter turning left on Ocean blvd. from High St. (travelling north). Any recommendations? Looking for a quieter stretch.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
186 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic in July

Yep-turn left, go about 1/2-3/4 mile N to North Hampton State Beach. Small parking lot with some reserved for residents but get there early & you should be OK. One of the best seafood restaurants-The Beach Plum--take out-is also located there. There's no beaches North of there until you reach Rye. Turn right at the end of High Street & there will be relatively quiet beach with metered parking right along the beach. That area is called 'the wall' by locals as there is a 5' high concrete seawall that blocks the view of the beach from the road. Plenty of beach access in breaks/ small stairways to the beach. Not a lot of room at high tide, depending on what the winter storms have done to the sand but a relatively quiet beach. Rest room are in a small parking area at the small parking lot where Hight Street meets the beach road. Send me a pm thru TA message site with your email & I'll be glad to answer any ? you might have.

Edited: 7:04 pm, May 04, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Rye
Rye
New Hampshire
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic in July

Thanks again! Very helpful information. I will keep the message site in mind if other questions come up.

5. Re: Traffic in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 14, 2017