We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is Online Booking so Rare?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Why is Online Booking so Rare?

In 2012, only a tiny handful of hotels in Hampton have online booking. Many places have websites, but you need to call or email to book. I sent out a bunch of inquiring emails and after waiting 2 or 3 days, only a couple replied. Now I have to spend extra time calling more places. Checking availability online is so quick and easy. One of the things we like about Hampton is it is still pretty much the way it was when we were kids, but this is just frustrating.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is Online Booking so Rare?

Well, I guess it is just part of "the way it was when we were kids", eh? Think of it as the "personal touch", quaint and non-corporate.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is Online Booking so Rare?

*sigh* I know, it is the whole family run, mom n pop thing, but online booking should be standard by now. What would realllyyyy be great is one website where you could check availability and price for all the hotels. Ah well, off to the phone...

3. Re: Why is Online Booking so Rare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, March 02, 2014