We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

Level Contributor
669 posts
38 reviews
Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

Me and my mother are thinking about spending a night in Hampton Beach or Portland Maine. Are there any nice hotels that are open in the off season of November and would we be better off going straight to Portland or would Hampton be worth the stop over?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
1. Re: Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

I don't feel that there is anything worth doing in Hampton. You would be much better off spending time in Portland- much more to do and see whether off or in season. My advice- start posting in Portland- happy traveling:)

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

The thing about staying in Hampton is you would have the convenience of hitting the Kittery Outlets in Maine with more time spent at them, you know what I mean, it's close by? You could also check out FoxRun Mall in Newington, NH and then downtown Portsmouth with their many shops, bistros & restaurants, then head up thru York, Maine too for the day, it's all close by to Hampton. So that decision is really up to you. Of course there's not much happening at Hampton beach itself this time of year, it's basically closed for the season now, weekends they were still seeing people though over this past 3 day weekend the beach parking lot was packed with walkers, kiteflyers, ice cream walkers and runners up and down the seacoast where it was so beautiful!

You would have a pretty good deal if you stayed at the Best Western Inn along Rte 1 in Hampton may be? Their rooms were all recently renovated and their rates are pretty reasonable too at only $145 a night. You can't beat it with a stick because they have an indoor pool here & they have microwaves, minifridge's etc.. in their rooms. If you didn't want to go that route with breakfast in the room, you'd have plenty of places to go for breakfast on the seacoast, like Linda's in Seabrook, Brother's along Rte 1. etc...

In York Village there's a breakfast place called the Stolen Menu Cafe which is good too, so remember that one! You could head there from the Hampton area and then go up to Portland from there, whatever suits your fancy....

So whatever you decide, have a great time, it's a nice time of year to get away wherever you end up staying!

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

I forgot to add that "the Eatery Restaurant" which is attached to the Best Western Inn along Rte 1 is really quite good for breakfast too. I haven't been there yet for dinner, but it's supposed to be really good at night too. So that's another thought where it's right on the property, it's ideal.

Just my two cents again...

4. Re: Hotels in the Hampton Beach Area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 12, 2009