We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stairs and rest in flume gorge

new jersey
Level Contributor
265 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
stairs and rest in flume gorge

I am in my 60s with mild arthritis and have not been to the Flume Gorge in over 20 years. I know there are many stairs but if i remember there is one big long one and most of the others are moderate.Is that correct? Also I cannot remember(senior moment) if there are benches to rest along the way to give these old bones a rest, or just at the beginning and the end.

The answer to these questions could decide whether my kids and grandaughter see this without the old man.

Mentioned in this post
Flume Gorge
Flume Gorge
1,319 Reviews
Franconia, NH
3 replies to this topic
Georgia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stairs and rest in flume gorge

My memory of the Flume (it's been about 5 yrs) is that your memory is correct. And there are benches. Are you going to walk the kids over to the Pool?

new jersey
Level Contributor
265 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stairs and rest in flume gorge

I don't know if their parents will or not.The parents really want to go-we are staying at cabins about 10 minutes away so just trying to figure out who will go over there for a couple of hours

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,950 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stairs and rest in flume gorge

The Pool is part of The Flume. You walk up thru the Flume, then it's about .5 mile or so to the Pool and maybe another .5 back to the parking lot. Might be a little further, though it's a nice walk so it seems less. It's a nice path, fairly easy grade.

Reply to: stairs and rest in flume gorge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Franconia