We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

Which Franconia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

Hello,

Which exit to we take on I93 for Flume Gorge and Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway?

Thanks!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,667 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

If memory serves, both of those attractions are in, or very near, Franconia Notch State Park. Because of the severity of the geography and the State Park designation, the portion of I-93 within and adjacent to the State Park is not your typical "Interstate" highway with multiple lanes in each direction and diamond or cloverleaf interchanges at exits and entrances.

On the approaches to and within the Park, I-93 becomes a slightly-wider-than-usual two-lane road with one lane in each direction. Entrances to attractions like The Flume and Cannon are marked with advance warning signs and the kind of entrances you'd expect for major attractions entering onto any major two-lane road. Just watch for the advance warning signs and you'll be fine.

conn
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

there are no I-93 exits in the park all exits in the park are off the the Franconia Parkway a two lane road that connects the two ends of I-93. while the exits do have numbers its easier just to think of them by name for Cannon MT you just get of at the cannnon mt exit and the flume exit for the flume.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

exit 34A

4. Re: Franconia Notch State Park Exit #s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 03, 2011