We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
110 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

Hi,

I am trying to find the easiest & quickest way to get from Portland airport to North Conway. Driving isn't an option. So far I've been unsuccessful finding a bus or train.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks very much.

5 replies to this topic
Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

I'm afraid you would need to get to Boston by bus or train, and then get a bus from Boston to North Conway.

If you go through with such a scheme, your best bet is probably a bus from Portland, because that would take you to South Station, which is where you would need to catch the bus to New Hampshire. If you took the train to Boston, you'd end up at North Station and would need to get yourself from there to South Statuion, which is surprisingly inconvenient--not a big deal, but extra hassle in a trip that's already longer and more complicated than you want.

Unfortunately, public trasnportation options in northern New England are relatively sparse.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

can you fly into boston? Not even sure how to get to NC from the Manchester, NH airport. I suggest calling/emailing the Mount Washington Chamber of commerce. If there are any folks that could help, expect it would be them.

www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,866 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

If you Google Concord Trailways or Concord Coach Lines you'll find the website for the company that operates bus service to both Portland ME and North Conway NH -- unfortunately, as already noted, their only service is by way of Boston.

They offer numerous trips each day from Portland to Boston, but the last I knew, only two trips per day from Boston to North Conway -- so I'd check the Schedules-and-Fares section of their website carefully to avoid a long wait between buses at South Station in Boston.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,093 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

I use Sutton Limousines in North Conway.

http://suttonlimos.com/

Ra'anana, Israel
Level Contributor
110 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH

Thanks everyone,

Have a great weekend

Reply to: Getting from Portland, ME to North Conway, NH
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted