We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concord Suggestions

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Concord Suggestions

Hi, I'll be in Concord for a meeting on July 6th. I leave from Boston on July 9th 6pm for a conference in Denver.

So I have some time to kill between 7th-9th. I was thinking of spending it in Boston, then I thought, New England may be very interesting too..

Could some one suggest a driving trip around New England? I am travelling alone and I would like to visit quaint towns with interesting character and good scenery... something a business traveller with a few days to kill could do. I have been to Mill Falls and seem like a nice place for a day visit.

Thanks.

NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concord Suggestions

You might want to make a nice loop through the lakes region, then over to Dartmouth-Sunapee Region, south through the Monadnock Region, and east back to Boston. There are lots of nice places to stay, reasonable, non-killer hikes, covered bridges, quaint towns, summer concerts on town commons, particulary in Walpole on Sunday eve and Keene on Weds, used book stores, New Hamsphire shopping at Hannah Grimes Marketplace in Keene. Lodging suggestions for Monadnock try www.nhlodging.org. Lots of nice restaurants around Keene and Peterborough. Swanzey Historical Museum is way more than the usual small town collection of old dusty papers and worth the stop.

2. Re: Concord Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 03, 2009