We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

Has anyone taken the sleigh ride? I would like to book a "private" sleigh ride (2 people) on Sunday March 2. I have checked the weather for next week and it seems plenty cold. Is there a ton of snow? This sleigh ride is on my "bucket list" so I don't want to pay to go on wheels, or down a highway. any description of this would be re-assuring..

NH
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

I have not taken a sleigh ride at the Mt. Washington Hotel; however, I have taken trail rides on horseback in the fall. My guess would be that sleigh rides would be along the wooded trails (used for trail riding) and open areas around the hotel.

The Mt. Washington Valley has adequate snow so I don't think there is much worry about "wheels" instead of a sleigh.

Sounds like a fun event! Enjoy!

Worcester...
Level Contributor
18 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

I took the sleigh ride two years ago (got engaged) at Christmastime and it was great. It was a private ride and they also have a bonfire. There is so much snow now I'm sure you'll be able to go. Have fun!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

Hi, thanks for the replies. I took the sleigh ride and the weather and snow were beautiful. Not one of those bitterly cold windy days. It was very pleasant, but it was more of a sleigh "plod". The horse was a big old draft horse, who, if he went any slower, would have been going backwards! The "route" was pleasant enough past the stables and other horses, down some wooded trails, across a road and looping back again. the driver was considerate. Bells on the horse and fur-edged blankets for the guests. I guess I had hoped for something just a TEENY bit peppy-er. Maybe a sleigh for just two would have been lighter....Another thought, Perhaps the sleighride trail is so short that the horse needs to "plod" to make the trip last the half hour they bill for. Might not recommend this for others.

4. Re: Sleigh ride at Mt. Washington Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, May 31, 2015