We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train trips to Winnamucca

Which Winnemucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
1 post
Save Topic
Train trips to Winnamucca

Would like any information about train trip from Denver,CO to Winnamucca, NV.

Does the train make a regular stop in Winnamucca?

Is there Taxi service from the train station to the Hotels?

Thanks, bubba84@juno.com

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
177 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train trips to Winnamucca

Amtrak does make a regular stop in Winnemucca.

I believe there are taxis in town, and the people on Amtrak (or at least on the run I made) are pretty good about making arrangements if you need them to be made. Winnemucca is a little spread out, and from what I saw, the station is a bit of distance away from the main street(s).

One thing to note: I went eastbound, the California Zephyr was delayed due to what one passenger described as a "flat tire," so it was 2 hours late to Reno. It was eventually 4 hours late to Elko because it gets behind the Union Pacific freighters, and UP doesn't give two ***** about Amtrak until they collect the track usage fees (many complain about Amtrak subsidies, few realize who's really being subsidized). Perhaps you've taken the train more than I do, so you might have a better idea of Amtrak's timeliness... just don't plan a tight schedule.

2. Re: Train trips to Winnamucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Winnemucca
More Winnemucca Topics