We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married

Lubbock,Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting Married

We want to get married there. Someone told us that we would have to drive to Elko because it couldn't be done in West Wendover. We are flying in and didn't know if we would be able to rent a car to drive or if there was any other transportation.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married

You *may* be able to get married at city hall or something, but Wendover is nothing like Las Vegas or Lake Tahoe as far as wedding chapels and the like. It isn't a wedding "destination".

You *can* have a rental car delivered, however it will have to come in from Salt Lake City 90 miles away. I believe Hertz is the agency that will do it, but it is $200 on top of the regular fees.

Wendover is a very small town --I don't know if you've been here before but there is all of 1 stop light and the entire "strip" isn't all that long. You don't need the car at all while in Wendover.

I would look into possible taking a bus or something of the like from West Wendover to Elko. It may be more cost effective than having to have a car brought in.

Or, depending on your preferences, get married in your home state and then head to Wendover afterwards. I hope this helps!

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married

I don't think there is any place in Wendover to get married... I don't even know if there is a JP. If there is, nobody talks about it. I think it's to keep kids from Utah running across the line to get married. :)

You might want to look up the City of West Wendover phone number online and call to make certain.

Best wishes,

Pug

Get answers to your questions about West Wendover