We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Hill Hotel

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Hill Hotel

Friends of mine want to visit Virgina City and stay in the Gold Hill Hotel. I have heard some horror stories regarding the management of the hotel. Has anyone had a bad experience there? Do any of you recommend the hotel?

Thank you.

dpranne

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Hill Hotel

My wife and I have stayed there last year (2008) and this year. No problems at all. There is new management and the units are much cleaner. There is a pretty nice area in front to watch the sun set reflected on the hills and have a drink. We have no problems going back necxt year. Chuck...

Edited: 7:59 pm, December 29, 2009
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Hill Hotel

Please ignore my above post. I was mixed up with the Sugarloaf Mountain Motel which I do recomment. No experience with Gold Hill Motel. Sorry. Chuck...

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Hill Hotel

Me and my husband stayed at the Gold Hill Hotel about 3 years ago. Have you been on their website? If not go and check it out for information. My experience at the hotel?.....I would not return. The biggest negative at that time was smoking was allowed everywhere in the hotel, the smell of smoke is everywhere. Call the hotel and ask for a current update on their smoking policy since my stay was three years ago. Also the particular room we had which was #4 had a very uncomfortable bed and cigarette burn holes in the carpet and ....you may not believe in this kind of stuff(neither did I until I stayed there) but we were bothered by something unseen in the room that was constantly bumping around the bed, touching my pillow and covers and leaning on the bed....never saw anything but there was something in that room moving around.... we didn't sleep hardly at all with the strange stuff going on and the uncomfortable bed. I can recommend another historic b and b in VC, the Edith Palmer Inn B and B. It is three historic houses on a street above the main street (VC is on a side of a hill) therefore it overlooks the town of VC, you can walk everywhere in VC from there and it was a peaceful nights sleep and nonsmoking. If you are interested, check out their website.

4. Re: Gold Hill Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 29, 2010