We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car recommendation needed

Amarillo TX
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
car recommendation needed

Hi Everyone

we are planning a trip in on Dec. 30 through Jan 4. I know it should be snowy, but the question is - do we need a 4 wheel drive sport utility vehicle or would a midsize car be ok in your opinions. We'll be flying in and out of Reno.

deb

vegas
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car recommendation needed

we make a reservation for both and then decide which reservation to use by what the weather reports say

you could allways get the mid size and buy some chains in reno if they were needed

HAVE FUN!!

Amarillo TX
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car recommendation needed

Oh, thats a good thought! And I've done the snow chains before, I'll pass!! I know my husband has never done the snow chains. Do they still make snow tires?? We used to have them in the East while I lived there, but since moving to Texas, we get snow, but our town shuts down nearly completely. too funny!

thanks for the tip! It's a great option!!

Deb

3. Re: car recommendation needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, April 24, 2011