We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Horse Photography

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Horse Photography

Hi, we're looking into coming toward Reno in May or early June. I'm hoping to be able to view some wild horses for photo ops. Could you tell me where my best area to look for lodging would be, so we could explore several horse areas.

Reno, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
776 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Horse Photography

I live in the south area of Reno and frequently see wild horses roaming freely in the foothills and even in our local parks! If you stay at the Hampton inn or the Staybridge suites you could explore the Virginia foothills during the day; you'll be able to get close enough to the horses to just about touch them :-)

Edited: 1:33 am, January 24, 2014
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Horse Photography

Thanks so much for the info, with all the roundups going on , wasn't sure where I might need to go

3. Re: Wild Horse Photography

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2015