We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

Which Reno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

HI there,

I am going to USA for the first time and have a few question here. I will be arriving at San Francisco airport From there I plan to take the Greyhound bus to Reno as I need to go to the Social Security Office in Reno.

My question is :

1) Where can I stay for a night in Reno to be convenient. I hope to be near the bus stop where I will be arriving and then easy access to go to Social Security Office the next day.

2) How can I go to this Social Security Office in Harvard Way ?

3) How can I go to Truckee from Reno?

I am a student so I am in a buget, I hope to find a safe and not so expensive place.

Thank you for your time..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

to be more specific.

3) How can I go to Squaw Valley from Reno?

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

AND, you are going to the social security offfice for what reason?

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

What day ae you arriving? If its during the week you The prices are relatively inexpensive. The greyhound bus drops you off downtown (next to Circus Circus I believe) which is pretty cheap during the week. Other hotels to choose from are Harrahs, Silver Legacy, Eldorado. There are others but I would recommend those.

As for getting to Harvard way, You take public transportation and while cheap ($2.00) it may be slightly confusing. Depending where you are downtown you can take te #9 bus and get off at Harvard/Vassar and walk for there. You can always ask the bus driver. Otherwise car service would be the second option

As or Truckee and Squaw Valley, being that your so close to the Reno airport, your best bet would be heading there and checking out the shuttle services they have to those areas

renoairport.com/tofrom-airport/shuttles

Edited: 10:22 pm, April 28, 2012
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

Land in the USA and go straight to the social services office your just the sort of tourist America needs more of

5. Re: first time to US , how can I go to Social Security Office

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, June 19, 2013