We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

Which Reno hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont CA
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

Hi, I've never been to Reno or Lake Tahoe, but have offers for both places in October. Which is nicer??? I love to gamble, but also want to enjoy the scenery. Your recommendations and tips would be greatly appreciated. We will have a car, if that makes a difference.

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

If you've never been to either...go to South Lake Tahoe. Much nicer environment with lots of recreation options besides gambling.

Enjoy!

Reno, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
775 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

If you've never been to this area then you must choose Lake Tahoe! I love Reno (loyal local, here!), but between the two there is no place like Tahoe-it is breathtaking and if you're going for scenery that's the place to visit.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

Compare the room rates for your dates, and you will see Harvey's is more expensive than Harrah's Reno. This should tell you something.

Pick Lake Tahoe

Beaumont CA
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

Thanks so much for your input, Harvey's it is!!

kirkland, wa
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

I am headed to Harveys myself during the first week of August. Will be staying it the newer tower.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

There are two towers, the Mountain and the Lake. The Lake Tower is the newest and the rooms are larger, thus the higher price for those rooms. Ask for a "California side room" as that will give you a view of the lake.

Have fun!

kirkland, wa
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

I just returned from my stay at Harveys in Tahoe. I had a Premium Room in the lake tower. The room was a good size, but is in need of updating if you ask me. The bathroom is a late 70's 80's flashback. I dont know how they call these rooms premium, beside the view. The elevators were very slow as well.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

Reno is nice but nothing like Lake Tahoe, the scenery is beautiful with the mountains & the lake.

It is breath taking, so beautiful, & Harvey's is a very nice hotel, 2 bathrooms, very comfy beds.

9. Re: Harveys Lake Tahoe or Harrah's Reno???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 04, 2009