We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontsight - your opinion?

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Frontsight - your opinion?

My DH thinks that Frontsight sounds like a lot of fun along with being a good opportunity to learn. I think it sounds like boot camp. Anyone done anything at this place and what did you think?

Gainesville, GA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontsight - your opinion?

Check out the web site for lots of information about facilities and the courses they offer. My boys and I are headed out there in October - not something you'd want to do in the summer.

Gerogia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontsight - your opinion?

My husband and I have been to front sight twice. We went last June to a 2 day defensive handgun course and then last November we took the five day course. The place is fantastic. The training is superb and very knowledgeable. It is very rigorous but nothing like boot camp. If you have any other question please ask. I also found it a perfect time for a couple of days afterwards in Vegas! We are seriously considering the lifetime memberships.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontsight - your opinion?

Thanks for your input. DH sent away for vouchers. The two day defensive course for $100 pp. Now we just have to figure out when we can go. Planning on arriving on Thursday, taking the course Friday and Saturday staying in Pahrump and then moving to Vegas for a couple of days. I'm looking at either mid fall or late spring next year. I've poured over the website and while very imformative, let's face it only the good reviews get on there. Thanks for the unbiased opinions.

Gerogia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontsight - your opinion?

When we went the first week in June the weather was perfect. In November it was chilly in the morning but when the sun came out it warmed up. The warmer weather was better because we did not have to pack so many clothes. Both times we stayed at the Best Western in Pahrump - very clean and they give you a front sight rate. Also the food in the restaurant is good and they have an excellent full free breakfast. We were always to tired to venture out so it was nice to be able to et right at the Best Western. They also have a great hot tub and pool.

5. Re: Frontsight - your opinion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pahrump