We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

Derby
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

What is going On?, The Sandwich shop and McDonolds closed last year when we were here on Holiday from the UK. Dairy Queen has now Closed last week. So No more wonderful milk shakes to siip on a warm summers day.

Laughlin was like a Ghost town some days,are things really so Bad?

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

its picked up alot in the last few weeks......it can get slow except on weekends sometimes.....its slower in the summer when the snowbirds are gone but some days its still very busy in the summer with families....in the 6 years here i cant figgure it out...1 day busy 1 not........BUT not the mall have closed alot of good stores and eating places.....id say the economy but i hear they want too much for rent now.....i guess they would rather have empty stores than cut the fees..... also i think they need a major dept store to anchor the smaller stores but i think they will never get that here in laughlin unless a major business locates here like the chinese owned power plant to stimulate business growth and jobs in this area.......i really dont see this happening......everything seems to get shot down in this area for 1 reason or another

Cardiff, South Wales
Level Contributor
540 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

Oh that's more sad news. I hope nothing else closes, I love visiting the Mall when we are in Laughlin. Seems so silly not to charge a lower rent and encourage tenants, can't understand how they would prefer to see it empty.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

We went to the outlet stores on Sunday, the bottom floor was pretty bad with hardly any food choices but upstairs there were some good shops, deals to be had and the staff working in them were great, we left a few bucks behind at the outlet mall to support the economy <wink>

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

Unfortunately, it is probably a sign of the slow down that Laughlin is experiencing. The August figures were just out and gaming was down 17.7% and visitor count was down 5.9% over a year ago. Hopefully things will improve with the cooler weather.

Bullhead City...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

With gas at $5.00 plus a gallon in So. Calif.; where a vast majority of visitors come from during the summer months, many are putting of trips to the river. Plus, filling the boat or jet ski puts another nail in the coffin, so to speak.

The Snow Birds are starting to show up for the season. This should help a lot this year; hopefully.

laughlin nv
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

you can tell the birds are back......driving 25 mph in the left lane on hwy 95!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

Hey I resemble that remark...LOL

I agree I saw lots of motorhomes and 5th wheels on the highways everyone is on the move si hopefully they bring lots of $$ to stimulate the economy once again

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

We ate at the pastrami place last weekend and the owner said business has been great and that they have leased the old McDonald's so they can open a Mexican grill. That's a good sign.

9. Re: Laughlin Shopping Outlet.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Laughlin