We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our next Laughlin trip

Which Laughlin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Our next Laughlin trip

Well our wives gave us our liberty cards so my good friend and I will be heading out for our annual trip in June. We'll be staying at the Edgewater river-view balcony rooms. We just love these rooms - right above the board walk and looking at the river with all its activities. I think we got a pretty good deal: $35.00 for Friday and Saturday nights and $20.00 for Sunday and Monday nights. Split that in two and with tax it's costing us $61.00 each for four nights. Hopefully this year the Oatman hotel will be open so we can write in the year on our dollar bill, though I might have to put up a new one - this being out 8th year there is not much room left on the bill! For those of you who think there is not much to do in Laughlin except gambling I'll tell you that we'll be there 5 days and we'll be doing TONS of stuff other than gambling. Viva Laughlin!

bolton uk
Level Contributor
764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Have a great trip,we went for a free day trip from vegas enjoyed the day and the river,but I dont think I would want to stay there but each to his own,be lucky when you do gamble.!!

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Have a great time!! I will not be back til November, so win some jackpots for me!

san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Totally understand UK - Laughlin is not for everybody. For some one day is enough, for some (like me) a couple trips a year is mandatory! I certainly hope I'm lucky because there is no skill in video porker - purely random. But win or lose, it's just great to get away for a few days and enjoy the river.

Laughlin, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Have a great time! My wife and I could not limit our vacations to three times a year, so we moved to Laughlin. We absolutely love it! The River Run is going on this weekend.....on of the best times of the year. Sat at the Trop today and watched all of the bikes go by.....awesome!

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
347 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

"Edgewater river-view balcony rooms"

are they actually outdoor balconies that you can sit on?

or just look out a window?

san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Yes - They are outdoor balconys with room for two people to comfortably sit. I think they are the best because you are only a few stories above the boardwalk and if you are so inclined you can talk to people as they walk by, but they are also very quiet with the sliding glass window closed. I've never been woken up by loud people. You should try them. Grif - If I had my way I'd come more often than twice a year, but the wife just doesn't like Laughlin and the desert, so I get want I can get! Viva Laughlin!

Level Contributor
54 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Enjoy your trip, don't forget the trip report!!!

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

This is funny. I'll also be going in June with a buddy for our annual trip. We also got our freedom cards from the ladies. We're getting free rooms though. You don't use a rewards card? We do harrahs and they constantly send free room vouchers. This one we get $75 comp to spend how we want also. Good luck though!

san diego
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

I got 3 free nights at the Colorado Belle/Edgewater, but we upgraded so that's why there is a cost. We are loooow rollers, so the comps we get aren't as good as you (and others) get. We play Harrahs (with our cards), but not too much - we just haven't had very good luck there. Might be good to give Harrah's another try this June. Good luck to you too! (I think the Padres need some luck also!!)

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Our next Laughlin trip

Lol. I agree. Pads need all the luck. We aren't really high rollers either. This'll be my first trip doing a few max bet pulls. If we go broke we hit a sports book for a 3 hour game and free drinks hehe.

Get answers to your questions about Laughlin