We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MIX Restaurant at "The Hotel" at Mandalay Bay

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
MIX Restaurant at "The Hotel" at Mandalay Bay

Just got back form Vegas and had to try some new Restaurants. Tried Sensi at Bellagio and MIX at The hotel at Mandalay Bay.

Sensi was Fantastic but I am going to write about MIX because it really is a must see!!!

We made dinner reservations for 6:00pm, the same day which was a Wednesday, Through the Concierge at the Rio, 6 & 8 were available but not 7?

Showed up around 5 oclock and went to the lounge and had a Saphire martini and a glass of wine $22.00 Not totally out of line for vegas fine dining lounges. Sat outside for a while and took pictures from the balcony (will try to post under MIX) MIX is located on the 64th floor looking down the strip toward the Stratoshere, second best view in Vegas. I still think the Foundation room has the best view.

Went in for dinner around 6:15 Service was prompt and pleasant. I had a combination Pork dish served with grits and greens, pretty good, she had a duck that was absolutely delicious. We split a salad and a dessert and had 3 glasses of wine. The bill was $125.00 but again unless you can get into the foundation room it is the best view in vegas and you would pay about the same at any restaurant of the same class as MIX.

Some side notes;

If you go I recommend going just before sunset so you can see day & night views.

My understanding is....

At 10:00pm they charge a $25.00 cover charge for the lounge, and have a very steep table minimum for both the lounge and the dining room(1 bottle of booze per table and the cheapest booze was around $300.00 a bottle)

The servers were nicely attired and one of the Bartenders looked like JLO.

When we first got there the music was great jazz standards and as the night wore on got more progressively rock. The atmosphere was also changing for the evening as the lighting changed from casually elegant to casually night club in the lounge.

I am definitely giving this place 5 stars for ambieance and view.

4 stars for food and service and sorry 3 stars for price just a little spendy... I will write more later about Sensi, and my terrible travel delays on Alaska Airlines. and maybe a few words about my times at the craps table, the good the bad and the Ugly....

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MIX Restaurant at "The Hotel" at Mandalay Bay

great review! very informative! thanks for the posting!

Redmond, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MIX Restaurant at "The Hotel" at Mandalay Bay

My pet peeve is when people bump their own post up.... oops wrong topic!