We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Chicago Heights...
7 posts
Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

I am comparing some standard rooms of 5 star Las Vegas Hotel.

While I found the standard room of WynnEncore is 640/745 Square feet

And Venetian is 650 Square feet

The standard room at Cosmo is small and nothing special, So I take TERRACE ONE BEDROOM as example, it is 610 sqft

But when I check some video through Youtube, I found that 610 sq.ft.TERRACE ONE BEDROOM is extremely large and has a Kitchenette and living area.

The standard resort room at Wynn looks the smallest among them( while it may has a larger bathroom), It looks like 550 sq.ft compare to the "ˊ610 sq.ft" Cosmo

The Venetian standard room also looks larger than Wynn/Encore.

Is Wynn resort room really 640 sq.ft? Why is the smaller terrace one bedroom looks so much larger than resort room at Wynn?

Have anyone stay for those 3 ? Which one do you prefer?Can I believe the square feet numbers that those hotel claimed?

Edited: 3:05 pm, October 17, 2015
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
23,030 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Can I believe the square feet numbers that those hotel claimed? - Yes but that does not mean you get that amount of usable living space as it includes halls and bathrooms.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

I've stayed at Wynn/Encore a few times and the rooms are really very nice. Love the rooms at Cosmo though, I really appreciate the balcony and the overall views from there. My impression is that the rooms there are or maybe appear to be larger because they are so open. Lots of people here think the kitchenette is a waste but I like being able to keep my liquor and snacks in the cupboards and I use the sink often.

Never stayed at Venetian/Palazzo but our son and his family did and they really liked the room. They had a 2 Queen Bella Suite and said it was more than adequate for the 3 of them.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

I like the whole experience at Wynn/Encore and its close to Venetian. Everything Luxury.

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Not sure about room size, but Cosmo and Wynn have good customer service and Venetian does not - rudest service I've ever encountered at Venetian. Aria is probably the best property in Vegas overall.

Chicago Heights...
7 posts
5. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Thank you guys for the share.

I guess the Venetian is too old and can't compare to the other two.The Cosmo and WynnEncore should be fine, but the room at Cosmo feels slightly larger than standard room at Wynn/Encore.I guess we may go for Cosmo

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,345 posts
2,303 reviews
6. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

All are very nice properties. Sorry Rebecca you received poor service at the Venetian. If you are mistreated, speak up when you are at the hotel.

Washington
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
48 reviews
7. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

OP - A standard Encore Tower room is going to have a few additional square footage of space compared to a standard Wynn Tower room. Also in comparison to the two, the Wynn room will be an open area whereas, the Encore room will have a half wall separating the bedroom off from the living area.

The standard Venetian room will also have almost a similar configuration as an Encore room. The key differential is rather a half wall dividing the two rooms, the Venetian's room will be split by a railing (w/o a half wall); & there will be a sunken step down from the bedroom area into the living area.

Although you didn't mention the Cosmo Terrace Studio accommodation, it too has a living area with a partial wall which splits it apart from the bedroom area. One of the differences bet. the Studio & a Cosmo Terrace One-bedroom accommodation, is that the 1-bdrm. has a telescoping pocket door you can close off it's living area from the bedroom. However, the bathrooms are configured entirely differently. The Studio's bath has a regular bubbler tub, separate shower, enclose water closet, & the two sink base vanity. The 1-Bdrm. bath's configuration consists of a walk-thru glassed shower enclosure which leads you to the square Japanese soaking (non-bubbler) tub. You can review the various room configuration floorplan layouts on Cosmo's website. While the City Rooms do not, the other Cosmo rooms each have a pvt. standard terrace balcony; with the option of upgrading up to a Bellagio Fountain View setup. Both rooms will have a kitchenette counter area; some cabinetry, a small wet bar sink, microwave, & a small mini-bar fridge with a bottom shelf freezer area. While you can use it's bottom shelf to store a few personal beverages, they will begin to freeze up within 1 1/2 hrs.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Great review & room info baseballdc! We've stayed at Venetian & Palazzo and love it there, but have been considering a step up or a change in accommodations for a future trip and this info will come in handy. Thanks for posting. JT

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

Cosmo has something the others don't--a terrace. That trumps it for me. Cosmofountain view was our fav room anywhere--terrace & location easily beat our Wynn room

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
482 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Standard room Cosmo Vs Venetian Vs WynnEncore

We stayed at the Wynn over five years ago and I don't remember thinking the room was so spectacular. It was nice and clean but kind of boring. I've never stayed at Venetian or Palazzo but based on pics that's where I'd stay!