We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
72 reviews
37 helpful votes
Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Am going to Vegas in November with my wife 6 years after getting married at the Bellagio, so wanted to take my wife for a fantastic michelin star meal there. We love eating at good restaurants wherever we go. So my question is, taking into consideration everything (price, quality, atmosphere, views of the fountains, service etc) which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for you opinions!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
439 reviews
172 helpful votes
1. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Cannot comment on Le Cirque but I loved Picasso - sitting out on the balcony watching the fountains enjoying fantastic food, service and wine. Honestly one of my favs in Vegas now.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
72 reviews
37 helpful votes
2. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Thanks Whitlam,

Is $400-$500 enough for 2 people with drinks and tip?

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Le cirque was $600 for two n I left feeling underwhelmed. Never been to Picasso but I would prob give it a shot

Canada
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
15 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Having been to both, I would return to both of them in a heartbeat. You cannot go wrong any way you chose.

In a classification of restaurants of Las Vegas, I place Le Cirque right under Robuchon and Savoy. The complexity of the plates makes Le Cirque a very special place.

Picasso is also a high end spot with dishes presented more simply, with less ingredients, more in line with Jose Andres' vision of cooking which is to taste the main ingredient of the dish and not be sidelined by what accompanies it.

I suggest you look at the respective menus and go with what you'd like to eat. In both cases, I am certain you will be happy with your decision.

Chicago
Level Contributor
94 posts
5. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Have not eaten at Le Cirque- but had a really wonderful anniversary dinner at Picasso! The restaurant was truly beautiful with all of the original artwork, and the service was formal without being stuffy (if that makes sense). Although we were seated indoors (rather than on the patio), we still had an excellent view of the fountains as we enjoyed a lovely evening. I don't remember our exact menu choice, but we did add the wine pairings as well, and I believe the total cost was right around $500. We were there for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, and I would LOVE to do it again - it made for a very special special occasion!

Encinitas...
Level Contributor
742 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Picasso.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
439 reviews
172 helpful votes
7. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Hi Daniel

Think we had the 5 course taster menu with wine (non-paired) and it was about $400 for the two of us. Portion sizes are small but you certainly feel well fed after all 5! Stunning food. If I remember, we couldn't reserve a balcony at time of booking but when we arrived we asked about sitting outside - we waited for about 15 mins for a table to come free and it was well worth it!

Regards

Whit

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
72 reviews
37 helpful votes
8. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am leaning towards Picasso i think!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
433 posts
22 reviews
60 helpful votes
9. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

Picasso is sooo romantic! Have a beautiful time. :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
384 posts
10. Re: Le Cirque or Picasso?........

I don't think you can go wrong with either but I much prefer Le Cirque.

Picasso sometimes feels like they're just going through the motions and their menu doesn't change much if at all. I think service at Le Cirque really sets them apart too. Very friendly but maintaining the fine dining experience.