We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
769 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

Budget....curious on how everyone plans their trips so money will last in 'our town' of choice for vacations. Some people do the envelope thing, (one per day for gambling money). How much do you allot yourself for gambling each day? Do you leave your ATM card at home? What if you allot yourself..say $400 a day for gambling and by noon you are at '0' do you sit by the pool and wait for the next day or sneak up to your room and grab another envelope? LOL can't wait to hear everyones snips and snippets!

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
10,257 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

There already has been a recent thread on this subject:)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
110 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

You can gamble anywhere practically I like to think of Vegas a package experience, the nightlife, the gambling, the food, the entertainment and I never cut into my budget unless it is an emergency otherwise I know I will sacrifice from something else. I don't want to blow more on gambling then be stuck eating at McDonalds and watching the Bellagio fountains every night for a week (they are nice, but ya know what I mean).

Australia
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

Whatever our budget allows! I just divide the amount of money we've got by how many days we're away and that's it.... roughly... I'm not too good at budgeting on holiday!

This time however I'm planning on at least $200 per day each for gambling and another $200 for meals/drinks combined. I've no idea how it will pan out though cos I'm sure we'll 'borrow' from another day if we run out!

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

I budget $400 per day for gambling and leave the rest in our room.If I'm not getting lucky,I have to admit that I dip into the next days stash..My DH and I now try to stay away from the tables until later afternoon to try to conserve.We always rent a car for our trip, and do manage to do other things,because once we get inside we kinda stay there lol..I always have my debit card tho,and only get into it if I completely blew the budget, and use my cc on everything but gambling

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
196 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

More than my wife thinks I take.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

Think for my first trip it will bee $200 a day each for gambling then around $400 a day for everything else so $800 a day but it is our honeymoon and we have 3 good meals planned, we will be booking some trips before we go and that will be seperate

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

It's kind of a personal question about how much folks bring for gambling purposes. With that said, whatever you are comfortable losing and that doesn't impact your bottom-line at home. Some people bring $2k/day, some people bring $100/day. Those answers don't help you a ton because your budget/income/wealth is undoubtedly different.

Figure out the kinds of places you want to eat or other fun things you might want to do and bring enough $ accordingly.

8. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:34 pm, January 26, 2014
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,686 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

One Million Dollars!

(Said in my best Dr. Evil voice)

10. Re: How Much Do-Re-Mi do you bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 22, 2015