We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proper Liquor Store

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
280 posts
121 reviews
Proper Liquor Store

We are spending NYE in vegas for the second year in a row. This year we are flying in and have a limo booked for the ride from the airport to the hotel.

We have the limo for an hour and thought a quick stop at a liquor store would work well. We want to stop at a proper liquor store and not an ABC or drug store that sells liquor. We have always found liquor in these type of store VERY expensive.

So, does anyone know of a proper liquor store that I can ask the limo driver to go to before he drops us off at the hotel?

Thanks for your help!

Todd

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Proper Liquor Store

The price in the las vegas CVS is The same and we pay in the state controlled store he in Virginia, you must have some cheap prices, as you are from Canada, get duty free

florida
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Proper Liquor Store

Several in the area between the airport and strip;

Baggage claim area inside the terminal (but they are about 20% higher on average)

Lees Liquors is probably your best bet (several locations, ask your Limo driver)

Liquor store at the Orleans hotel, very cheap and a good selection

Nearly all groceries have liquor departments with decent selections and good prices (Vons for one)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,349 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Proper Liquor Store

There are two liquor stores that I know of between the airport and the Strip. One is in McCarren Village, a small shopping center on the north side of Tropicana -- there is a burger place (The Grind), a pizza place, an ABC and a "proper" liquor store, plus a time share resort.

There is also the Stage Door on Flamingo and -- is is Audrey or Koval? I don't know if the liquor store there is a "proper" one or not.

Lee's is not between the airport and the Strip. The nearest Lee's is probably the one at Flamingo and Pecos. It is not more than 15 minutes out of the way, so you can probably make a quick visit and not go over your one hour.

If you are staying on the north Strip, you might consider Strip Liquor, by Convention Center Drive. It is owned by the same people who own Lee's but it is not under the Lee's label. This is only a short detour if you are staying north Strip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
128 reviews
4. Re: Proper Liquor Store

Total Wine and More. Now that's a proper liquor store and its prices are low.

I always go there, it's a bit of a drive from the strip though bu of you want inexpensive non-strip priced booze its worth it.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Proper Liquor Store

Stage door liqours behind the flamingo.

And it's audrie st.

Edited: 7:47 pm, December 13, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
407 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Proper Liquor Store

Another vote for Stage Door.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Proper Liquor Store

Audrie St may now be Linq Lane. I saw a sign opposite Stage Door last week. Limo driver will know where Stage Door is.

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
77 posts
8. Re: Proper Liquor Store

I'll throw a vote in for super liquor outlet, although it's alittle out of the way for the limo from the airport it great/close to the car rental facility. Guy was super nice, prices were good (high for the mini's). But had everything we needed. We stopped at Von first and they did have what we needed. Lees is a good choice as well, however we're going to super from now on. Worker/owner? gave the wife a free vegas shot glass which was pretty cool. That also have cigars if your a fan if that. Not sure if prices...just saw another guy restocking them.

9. Re: Proper Liquor Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 16, 2014