We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this too much to pay for Paris????

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Is this too much to pay for Paris????

Yes I am booking well ahead of time, I have been quoted $230.000US a night, inc. tax & resort fee, for Paris LV.

It's for a 2 bed Luxury room, for a family of 4.

We are going in Aug. which I believe is High Season? However we are staying during the week, so my question is, is this too much & would I find I will get it much cheaper closer to the time?

Paris was my 2nd choice, the Hotel that was my 1st choice, emailed & said they were fully booked! I find this questionable but I suppose possible........

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

Must be a weekend rate? To me that is too much for Paris.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
379 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

The way I always check for rates is to browse one of the Vegas convention websites. Find a week with some large conventions close by your hotels (10000+ people) and a week with very few conventions. Punch both dates in and compare prices. I find also that signing up for guestbooks and offers a long time in advance has gotten me the best deals.

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

Thankyou, I'll hold out til closer to the date.

Is it normal for Vegas Hotels to be at capacity that time of year? I assumed they would never be full as they are so massive!

ta
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

post your dates...

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

If you family includes kids under 21, i would recommend a non-gaming property like Vdara, if all of you are over 21 then i would stay at Aria or Cosmopolitan, neither are child friendly but very nice properties. I wouldnt pay those rates for Paris.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,093 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

August is not high season, unless you mean high temperature. You can pretty much count on 105+ degrees most days of the month.

I'm not sure who you dealt with at THEhotel, but all days in August are open for reservations. Have you checked directly on each hotel's own site? Or are you using a 3rd party travel site?

$230 per night is WAY TOO MUCH for Paris. Although any discussion of rates is meaningless without exact dates. You will start seeing better rates for August in April.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

bigbird, make your way to this page and put in your dates:

https:/…

IMO, Paris is overpriced to begin with and there just isn't a lot of value to be found there as opposed to other places. Most here who say how great it is don't pay for the rooms. You said you would be staying during the week, so for $200/night you should be able to do much better than Paris.

Edited: 5:54 am, November 22, 2013
8. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, November 24, 2013
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

www.smartervegas.com/search-results.aspx

Cheaper here - last but one hotel

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this too much to pay for Paris????

yes, too much!