We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

My brothers and me will be staying in Vegas over the T-Giving holiday. I'm thinking of having dinner at the ESPN zone that Thursday night to catch the Denver-Kansas City game (football) which starts at 5:00PM local time. A few questions :

* If I make reservations are they solid? i.e. if I get there on time I'll be able to get in. I won't get bumped off in favor of 'MVPs' or have to wait while people who showed up right before me without making a reservation get seated first.

* I heard that during big sporting events there's a minimum per hour per person that you have to spend while you're in there. Anyone got info on that?

* What's price range for dinner?

Thanks a bunch!

NY
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

I haven't eaten at the ESPN Zone in Vegas, but I have eaten at the one in Anaheim. I'm assuming as they're a chain that the locations aren't all that different.

I can't imagine you'll have any problem if you have reservations. It's nothing more than an upscale sports bar and grill. It's nice, but there are plenty more upscale restaurants in Vegas. You won't have a problem.

I can't asnwer your question about sporting events as there wasn't one going on when I was there.

The price for dinner is very reasonable. Depending on what you get you're looking between $15 - $25 plus whatever you drinks you get.

I was very surprised at the quality of the food when I ate there. I wasn't expecting much more than an overpriced tourist trap, but it was good! I would eat there again, definetely.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,975 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

We ate at ESPN Las Vegas about a year ago- and I can say the portions are huge- we have never been so stuffed. We thought the quality of the food was good too. I can't speak to their reservations policy, especially on Thanksgiving, but I hope you'll be fine.

We both had pasta dishes and then shared their apple pie, which if you are into apple pie, is one of the best ( and biggest) we,ve ever had- it was very cinnamony ( if that's a word) and had a caramel sauce as well- very rich- I can't imagine a normal human being able to finish it alone.

It doesn't have prices, but just in case you haven't seen their menu it is online ( don't know if they add more things on for Thanksgiving...)

http://espnzone.com/menu/fullmenu.shtml

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
141 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE RESERVATIONS AND CALL BEFORE YOU HEAD OVER THERE!! I'm a Vegas local and twice over the years I've driven over there with friends only to find out there were "private parties" and the place was closed to all but invited guests. Good food. Good portions. Competitive prices. Not certain about the per hour stay though. Just remember...it IS Vegas!

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

I just came back from Vegas, and ate at the ESPN. We tried to do reservations, and were told rudely that "We never take reservations." as we have no idea when people are going to leave.

Granted, it was during the World Cup. But they were very firm about it. You also have to spend $10 per hour/per person at your table during the game. So you cannot have dinner and nurse a beer for three hours. I have no problems with the $10/per person rule, but the wait staff leave a little to be desired.

Good food. Get the ribs.

5. Re: Thanksgiving at the ESPN Zone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 14, 2009