We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What am I forgetting?

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
What am I forgetting?

What is the thing in Vegas that you thought was awesome, but unexpected?

Background: I've been going to Vegas since I was a kid, so I love all the free shows for nostalgic value... TI Sirens (though I liked the old pirates version better), Bellagio Fountain, Circus Circus acts, Mirage Volcano, etc. I've also read all the trip guides on TA about atomic testing museum, neon museum, Ethel M.(again great childhood memories). So what is there that I should see now, and might not know about? We're 30 something's that drink and gamble, and are going in early November for the GAPC Live poker tournament (free poker bar league championships), but still want to see some new things!

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What am I forgetting?

Try Lawry's for lunch

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What am I forgetting?

Pinball Museum.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What am I forgetting?

Mob Museum.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
426 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What am I forgetting?

Valley of Fire if you have enough time to rent a car and driving for an hour. It's like going to mars for the afternoon.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What am I forgetting?

Fremont Street at night.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
432 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What am I forgetting?

We were surprised and delighted by Parasol Down (sitting outside with Lake of Dreams view) at the Wynn. It's a little pricey, with drinks averaging about $15, but it's great! I'm not going to tell you anymore in case you haven't been, but decide to go. You can be surprised and delighted too. Have a great trip!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What am I forgetting?

Clark County Museum . Wee bit of a drive but worth it .

Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What am I forgetting?

Shelby museum and tour. Combine with a trip to Valley of Fire.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What am I forgetting?

If you played any video games in the 80's like Pac Man, Galaga, Donkey Kong, then you should try out Insert Coins down by/on Fremont. It's a bar with every old-school video game available.

10. Re: What am I forgetting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 24, 2014