We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving for Las Vegas next April

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving for Las Vegas next April

Hi,

We are from Ottawa, Ontario and will be going to Vegas for our first time next April.

As there is no direct flight from Ottawa, we will be leaving from Syracuse, New York.

We will be going to renew our vows by Elvis at Graceland Chapel for our 10th Anniversary.

We are interested in knowing all the tips that you have to share with us for flight, accommodations (hot tub) in the room, and attractions/restaurants that you recommend for a good bang to your buck.

Cheers....Gary and Liz

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,705 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,208 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
926 Reviews
from $598.99*
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

If you're looking for hotel recommendations, best way to get help is to provide your dates and a ballpark budget of how much you're happy to spend per night on a room. Are you looking for somewhere that's loud and fun or something a little quieter where you can escape to your room from all the craziness?

Same with restaurants. The choice of different places is immense so tell us how much you're looking to spend and any particular types of food.

Have fun planning your trip!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

For flights--I live in Syracuse and there are no direct flights to Vegas that I'm aware of. Not sure if it will really be worth the drive for you. Nearest direct flight options for me are Buffalo and Albany (southwest).

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

You sure have patience. Wow that's a long time from now. I thought, maybe you took that long to pack, haha.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

johnny, what's wrong with getting excited about an upcoming trip in April? I had no desire to go back to Vegas, until the "high roller wheel is complete" the linq project in general is complete, the quad is complete, the construction in front of NYNY and Monte Carlo is complete, but my youngest brother calls, he's starting to plan for his oldest daughter's 21st Bday (my God Daughter) end of July, he wanted to let us know in plenty of time, of course this is an all out celebration, so I guess I may be eating my words as in not going back for a while, when it comes to Vegas I've seen people plan more than a year in advance.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

Hi,

We are looking for a romantic get away. Price is flexible. My husband's fav food is Chinese and mine is Mexican. We will be there April 16th to 20th/21st.

Thank you,

G&L

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

Hi,

We are closer to Albany so that is worth checking out and yes when I looked at Syracuse there wasn't showing any direct flights that we thought weird being a large city. We will definitely look into Albany.

Thank you,

G&L

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

LOL....We just got back from The Poconos (Cove Haven Resort) and now booked for Bonnie Castle at Christmas, and will be in the Caribbean in Feb or March. We have lots of excitement going on. This is one that we always wanted to renew our vows on our 10th Anniversary so why not go big and do it in Vegas.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

That would be the best 21st celebrating it in Vegas!

What hotels have the most romantic room? hopefully for a good bang to your buck :)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

Oops, I thought Albany was right underneath us but my hubby has informed me that it is farther turns our it is 530km away from here. I was thinking of Oxdensburg, NY.

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
900 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving for Las Vegas next April

I believe Toronto has nonstop service to LAS., it is an hour further than Syracuse, but if you are certain that you want nonstop service this is your closest option.

One stop flights out of YOW are running about 10% cheaper than out of SYR.

Thanks greenseahorse I didn't think there were any direct flights out of SYR. It would be worth the drive for me if there was.

As for the hotels, entertainment and food options. Since you have some time, spend a little while reading trip reports here on this forum, after reading a few you will start to get some ideas about what sounds good to you, then you can ask more specific questions which the posters on this forum would be glad to help you with.

The research leading up to your first trip can be a lot of fun, enjoy it.