We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good eats downtown?

Portsmouth, OH
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Good eats downtown?

Hello all! In wonderful Las Vegas right now. We've been to Vegas several times, but haven't eaten downtown much. Any suggestions on midrange good food? Our friend wants to go to Heart Attack Grill, but he's on his own for that one! Lol We loved the Grotto years ago and wondering if it's still good? Thanks for the help!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,719 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,232 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
617 Reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
Level Contributor
573 posts
1. Re: Good eats downtown?

Go to the pasta pirate in California.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Good eats downtown?

Benny's Bullpen at Binions has quality, fairly cheap food. Always a great spot for a burger

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Good eats downtown?

Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queens is our favorite restaurant. We make a point to eat there every time we visit & are never disappointed.

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
146 reviews
4. Re: Good eats downtown?

Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queens is our favorite restaurant. We make a point to eat there every time we visit & are never disappointed. It's old style Vegas.

Dallas
Level Contributor
484 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Good eats downtown?

Pasta Pirate is a great place at midrange price, steak and lobster special for $18.95 last time we were there in August.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
419 reviews
6. Re: Good eats downtown?

If you are looking for quick snacks would recommend DuPars in the Golden Gate - they also do fab breakfasts - no matter where we stay when in LV we always go to DuPars for breakfast whenever we can - been going there since 1998 (when it was called the Bay City Diner). The brand has changed but the decor/staff and food hasn't. Just thinking about their french toast is making me sad I'm not there right now instead of stuck in my office day dreaming and reading the LV forum on TA!!!!

Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Good eats downtown?

777 in main Street Station has large servings and has their own brewery. Also Hash House is in the Plaza. One entree serves two people- really.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
357 reviews
8. Re: Good eats downtown?

Vic and Anthony's at Golden Nugget has a 3 course "Distinctive Dining" option on the website. It's around $50 each and looks great value. It's a very stylish restaurant, we spent more than that on a recent anniversary visit but still found it very good value.

We tried to take advantage of the Porterhouse Special at Redwood Grill at The California but were unable to get in without a reservation. I still fancy trying that on a future visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Good eats downtown?

Another vote for Dupars breakfast , fab food and service

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
475 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Good eats downtown?

I also recommend DuPar's at Golden Gate. The pancake's at Magnolia's at Queens are yummy too.

For a quick bite I like to go to the Grille at the Golden Nugget and yes the Grotto is still very good.