We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Las Vegas
Search

Roulette Tips?

Level Contributor
2,186 posts
74 reviews
56 helpful votes
Roulette Tips?
Save

So this trip I am concentrating on playing a bit of roulette....I have always enjoyed watching it being played. I did play at the Sahara and my lasting impression was winning on Black 13 and pocketing a sizable chunk of change. Any tips on playing would be appreciated!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

Play at wheels with only one 0

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
185 reviews
161 helpful votes
2. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

Ignore the board. The odds are not effected by previous events. That's a scam.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
20 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

2 great responses

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
68 reviews
72 helpful votes
4. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

I like to play two outside bets at a time, such as middle column and middle third. More frequent wins.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
37 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

Head downtown and play at El Cortez. They have 25 cent chip/$1 minimum bet tables. A $20 buy in will last for a while, for us it's usually good for a couple hours play.

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
119 reviews
57 helpful votes
6. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

I have a system that I have never lost with...but it is tough to explain.

Mercer Island...
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

There are no systems. Period. The edge is the same on every bet, except the 0-00-1-2-3 bet on a double 00 wheel. The edge is determined strictly by single zero vs. double zero. A single zero wheel has a lower edge than double 00, but will likely have a much higher minimum. And they're not all that common.

My only tip is to get a spot near the center of the layout. Makes it easier to place your bets.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

Don't chase your losses. Just because its been on a run of reds doesn't mean you're any more likely to get a red.

My only other advice, if you're winning, cash in and walk. You are not on 'a hot streak', you'll lose eventually.

Apart from that have fun and bet number 26.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
9 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

Don't hedge your bets eg. if you bet on black 20 don't bet on red or odd.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
10. Re: Roulette Tips?
Save

The only strategies are 1) Bet the table minimum each spin and try to hang around for a while, 2) place larger bets on a few numbers and take the longer odds at hitting something with a decent payout.

I play a lot of roulette ...... and I just can't imagine sitting there and ONLY playing Red - Black, or Odd - Even. I would get way too bored.