We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Topic
Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I really have a great time in Las Vegas. However, I think cruises are better than Las Vegas. What are your thoughts?

Santa Cruz Mtns
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

We do both once a year. 10-15 days cruising any time between Jan-March and Las Vegas after Labor Day from 3-5 days. Leaving for Las Vegas in 2 weeks for 5 nights and sailing in Jan for 10 days. Best of both worlds. Remember life is short.

As for seasickness, Bonine works wonders.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I've tried cruises twice and have decided that unless I want to spend the money on one of the premium lines with smaller, super-deluxe ships, they're just not for me. I did like the sense of occasion at departure, and having a verandah from which to gaze out at the ocean, but I hated the crowds on deck during sea days, and the meals, entertainment and drinks were mediocre.

Edited: 11:34 pm, August 24, 2013
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Ktinca, never thought anyone would come up with something so original and clever. Comes with age I bet.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Ktinca, never thought anyone would come up with something so original and clever. Comes with age I bet.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Cruises are for old people and whimps

Florida
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I look at cruise boats all day long. Coming in and going out. Unless it's a cruise touring the inland water ways of Europe. Vegas is still the bomb for me. I love to gamble and the cruises just don't cut the cake. I also like the feeling of earth under my feet, even though I live on a sand trap. On a serious side. It really depends on where you live and the weather you live in. Can certainly understand someone in Canada in the middle of winter longing for a Caribbean break of sun and blue waters. Cruises can be a bargain but Vegas does deliver the bang for the buck.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Hi

I've never seen a whale in Vegas, but I have seen loads from a cruise ship.lol

We live in Southampton ( UK). Many cruise ships depart from here. 45 minutes from front door to cabin is very nice compared to 16 hours travelling to Vegas.

Enjoy both types of holiday.

Sandra b

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

When we came back from Vegas we could have done with a cruise to recover !!

Enjoyed both in the past, a cruise is far more relaxing but would pick Vegas every time.

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

I have had more fun on cruises. But my main complaint is the lack of choice.

Both have benefits.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Are cruises better than Las Vegas?

Doing both next year. A 2 week cruise round the Med on The Independance of the seas, then 2 weeks in Vegas.

Both are fantastic holidays. Cruising has become so popular now that it's no longer just for the 'newly wed & nearly dead'