We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Washington
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

I just read that the Bally's Steakhouse restaurant will be closing it's doors sometime this Fall & will be replaced by the new & hip, BLT Steakhouse in 2014. The Bally's Steakhouse is known for it's wonderful Sterling Champagne Brunch held on Sundays. I wonder whether the Sterling Brunch will be discontinued or relocated & hosted elsewhere within Bally's?

reviewjournal.com/life/food-and-cooking/ball…

Washington
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

LOL...and I hope it remains open at least through that first Sunday during October (while I'm in Vegas) so I can enjoy it. But I have my worries being that Fall officially kicks in on Sept. 22nd.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Last night, I phoned The Steakhouse at Bally's & spoke to an employee there. I was told according to an employee meeting, The Steakhouse would definitely close by the end of October; with the potential possibility they may have to close sooner. However; as of last night, they were still taking reservations (Sunday brunch included) going into the month of October.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

I would be sorry to see it close but it is one of those things that you can only do so often. Yes, it's expensive but the quality and variety of food make it worth it for a special occasion.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Latest Update:

Went Sunday, Oct. 6th to the Bally's Sterling brunch. I began asking about the latest update regarding the brunch's fate. Now told that there was a delay in the proposed construction, & that The Bally's Steakhouse would remain open through the remainder of this year & potentially into the months of Jan., Feb., & Mar. of 2014. As for the fate of the Brunch once this period passes, no definite word yet.

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Simons Brunch was a joke....

Small assortment of playdough and some sushi...There arent many things that I dislike so much that I would write about it...but Simon's was pooor....All fluff and no stuff.

As for the SB...I have it on good authority that they are deferring the construction, retrofit, new restaurant idea until Spring 2014.....business as usual folks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Thanks for the update, that's very good news about Sterling.

Yukon, Does that mean you didn't care for the frosted flake french toast? ;)

Whitehorse, Canada
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

I found Simon's soo disappointing...from the 12 year old that was more interested in what was in the pool that provide any CS.....To the short buffet table....

I literally went up and said..."Is this all there is?"......I found it all goofy or kinda like I imagined having breakie with

Mickey and Minnie.....It was all so cute but lacked substance.....We actually went back to our hotel and got a slice of pizza to fill the void....but at least we had our carmel popcorn box...?!

We are looking forward to more adult themed buffets this Christams...LOL....especially the Jazz Buffet...

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

i know it doesnt get much love on this website but the Brunch at MOzen at the Mandarin Oriental looks excellent. (i go to Vegas for NFL Sundays so i have never been to a Sunday Brunch)

South Pole
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

Wahooo. Saw this Groupon deal come up this morning and that confirmed the Bally's Steakhouse will remain open.

We have reservations for the Sterling Brunch this coming Sunday AND next Sunday too. One of the best brunches in America, never mind Vegas. The Pierre Juliet champagne is worth the price of admission itself, especially of you can down 2 or 3 bottles :-))

www.groupon.com/deals/bally-s-steakhouse

2 more sleeps!

Bob

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Future fate of the Ballys Sunday, Sterling Champagne Brunch?

The Brunch will continue with the new restaurant with promised improvements. As for why it's not replicated, if what I've read is true, it was never intended to be a profitable enterprise but instead was launched as a perk for high rollers. No one can afford to replicate it. And why is that a reason to presume something inferior to something else anyway? It's fine if you don't want to try something but don't come up with reasons to talk other folks out of it too!