We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to play multi line slots

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
769 posts
49 reviews
How to play multi line slots

When playing the multi line, multi coin slots...always always always cover all the lines...so if it is a penny machine, and has 30 lines, hit the 30 button and then on the bottom row, you will have how many coins in that you want to play per line.

Hit 1 and your bet is .30 and so on.

Nothing worse than hitting the 1 and 1 button for one penny and hitting a jackpot. Your only covering one line on the machine, and you want to cover them all. Not necessary to play the max which is the most lines on top and the most lines on the bottom but VERY IMPORTANT TO COVER ALL LINES.

I had to spread this knowledge as a very wise man taught me how to play smart. Good luck and have fun and remember when you win...two important words CASH OUT

Southern...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: How to play multi line slots

I hate seeing people play 1 and 1 (or less than all the lines) ... get the feature and win about $2!! Mind you sometimes they get all excited about it anyway so I guess if that's what floats their boat!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: How to play multi line slots

Why is it so important to play all lines. I sometimes choose to play less lines, but more coins per line - thereby not hitting as frequently, but hitting more when I do.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
353 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: How to play multi line slots

I don't agree about playing smart and slots. ;)

But I was at the Palms in May trying to kill time. So I was playing video poker, on a 1 cent machine. I think I was actually playing 2 cents at the time, but hit 4 of a kind. I won almost $4. FACEPALM!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: How to play multi line slots

This thread topic is simply not true in most cases. The only time when it is important to play all lines is when you can only qualify for a bonus, if you bet all the lines. Otherwise, it simply does not matter. In fact, in many cases Josie's strategy is best, since you will have a better chance at getting a "big" win that will allow you to cash out. Betting a penny on all the lines will get you several small wins, but rarely is that enough to consider cashing out on.

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
811 posts
113 reviews
5. Re: How to play multi line slots

But some machines will not allow you to get the bonus round, progressive jackpot or max jackpot unless you play max coin. You should really read all the fine print on the machine and if you do not play max coin, be prepared to not get max wins.

Athens, Tennessee
Level Contributor
656 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: How to play multi line slots

agree with above post. many slots won't give you the good bonus if you aren't playing max coin. thus, your 5 cent slot turns into a $2-3 per roll.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,644 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: How to play multi line slots

I've seen some penny machines that it costs $4.50 a spin to get the max lines, max coin to get the bonus. If you're paying that much, switch to a dollar slot..

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: How to play multi line slots

>>I hate seeing people play 1 and 1 (or less than all the lines) ... get the feature and win about $2!! Mind you sometimes they get all excited about it anyway so I guess if that's what floats their boat!

That would be me! Tons of fun... and free drinks too. What's not to love.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
9. Re: How to play multi line slots

I always always play all lines, I would get so ticked if I had not played all lines, and got a good hit on the very line or lines I wasn't playing, I usually bet more than minimum, unless I'm down to the nitty gritty...lol

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
769 posts
49 reviews
10. Re: How to play multi line slots

I so agree! But can't afford the max coin so I always play the max lines and go up and down on the coin amount. I know I can spend $1.00 per turn and win little jackpots and my Dad had the guts to play $1 slot and spend $3...he came home with money 99% more than me but I was too chicken.