We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,086 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which Chains Do You Frequent?

I know that many say "No Chains In Vegas" but I thought a thread on chains might be helpful to International visitors who actually want to sample them. So I thought a list of chains you frequent AT HOME as part of your everyday life might help them make choices. This is not meant to be a list of THE BEST, but those you actually visit as part of your everyday life.

So, which chains do you frequent at home that also have outlets in Las Vegas?

During the week at lunch I almost always have chicken. This will come from either Jack In The Box, KFC, or a Taqueria (non-chain). Proximaty to my office is a factor here.

We almost never go to a chain coffee shop for breakfast, but if we do it would be Shari's. I'm not sure it there is one in Vegas or not.

For dinner or family lunches our favorite is Elephant Bar (not on Strip but one in The District). We go to Olive Garden a couple of times a year. I LOVE their salad, particularly the dressing, so we go just to bring some bottles home.

Fast Food: We have them all, and of course have tried them. We visit McD's 5-6 times a year, mostly with kids. Our family's favorite burger chain is Fuddruckers. But we have plenty of non-chain options if we want a burger.

Our adult daughters like Cheescake Factory and PF Changs, but they are not really for us.

So which chains do you frequent at home?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Earl of Sandwich

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Outback, Denny's, In-N-Out, Olive Garden.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,675 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

I have McDonalds about a 2 minute walk from my house so I grab coffee there sometimes, or a salad. Rarely anything else.

Other than that, I'm struggling..there are enough "non chain" places around that I don't hit the chains. Maybe Panera Breads once in a while. Oh, and 5 Guys maybe every couple months.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,070 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Good question.

Breakfast; Hello, in NY and NJ there is only one place to get breakfast; the local Diner!

Lunch; either a local non-chain pizza/chinese/japanese/taco place, the Diner again, or fast food like Wendys/KFC/etc. We also have healthier chains that I've not noticed in Las Vegas, Chop't (salad), Panera, Cosi, etc.

Dinner; Quick and casual usually means a chain place; Chilis, Cheesecake Factory, Applebees, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc. Or, of course, the Diner again!

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

For a nice dinner, we almost always choose Simms Steakhouse, which is part of the Landry's chain. Great food, great service, and a nice view over Denver.

For something more modest, Red Lobster (Darden). There's a good one just around the corner from our house. We've noticed these tend to be pretty inconsistent, for being a chain. We like Yard House, too, which does have a location (two?) in Vegas. That's about the same category, price-wise, as Red Lobster.

For fast food, Chipotle, Panda Express, or Tokyo Joes. I almost never have a fast food burger because we try not to eat too much beef so when I do, I want it to be good.

We also like a local chain, El Tapatio, for Mexican. Its nothing fancy, but tasty and also close to the house. I think they're just local, but there are a bunch of them here.

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Cheesecake factory. There is not one in Michigan. Maggianos only been to the one in LV twice. No chains for burgers nothing beats the ones you can get at the bars around home.

Portland
Level Contributor
476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

At home - Burger King, Five Guys, Claimjumper, Morton's, Red Robin, Round Table Pizza, Cheesecake Factory, Taco Bell, Subway

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

Favorite chain places to visit in Vegas:

-Hash House A Go-Go

- In -N-Out burger

-Outback Steakhouse

-Steak N Shake

- Hard Rock Cafe

- earl of sandwich

- Krispy Kreme

- Chipotle

- and yes, for super cheap food, McDonald's

As far as chain restaurants here in Michigan I'd like to see in Vegas, I only want one: Tim Horton's.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Chains Do You Frequent?

PF Chang's ---

get hankerins for the Lettuce Wraps

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor