We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proper dress....

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Proper dress....

What is proper dress at Top of the world and at Gordon Ramsay steak??? I am one of these people who def does not like getting all dressed up when I am on vacation. Just want to be comfortable! On the other hand I don't want to feel out of place or worse yet be denied entry because I am not dressed up enough. (wife would never forgive me)

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,707 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,217 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
927 Reviews
from $598.99*
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
45,459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proper dress....

Wear big-boy pants, not shorts, and a collared shirt and you will be fine for all but a handful of restaurants.

2. Re: Proper dress....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, June 04, 2013
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Proper dress....

I will be eating there(Gordon Ramsey's) myself for my birthday on the 8th. I've been to some nice places to eat in Vegas and thought I should dress nice but I've seen people wearing shorts, t-shirt, & flip flops. You are in Vegas on vacation so no place seems to care what you wear except I think some night clubs. I've even seen girls in bikini's at a nice steak house in MGM. So this trip I'm not even bringing slacks. I'll wear some nice shorts, a polo shirt, & sandals. No one seems to care so why should we.

Edited: 2:47 pm, June 04, 2013
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,308 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proper dress....

"No one seems to care so why should we."

Lol - THAT'S the spirit!

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Proper dress....

No one might care BUT IMO one get much better service all over Vegas from bars to Restaurants to gaming tables when one is dressed up slightly above the common denominator.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Proper dress....

jeffrey, You may find this link helpful:

lasvegasrestaurants.com/article.cfm/article/…

Open table suggests Business Casual for both of your restaurant choices. lasvegasrestaurants.com suggests Casual Elegant.

My husband and I would dress business casual for most restaurants, but as mentioned, more people like to be "comfortable" and more often than not, from what I've seen, it's the sort of clothes folks would wear to Putnam Walmart on a Saturday morning if you get my drift.

Edited: 3:01 pm, June 04, 2013
Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Proper dress....

Slobware is unfortunately the norm in LV.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Proper dress....

I definately like your comment about comfort being top priority. I feel the same way, I wear dress shirts and pants everyday to work, the one time I'm on vacay the last thing I want to do is choke myself again with the worst dress invention ever made; the tie. Money is the only thing you should be worried about in Vegas, shorts and sandals sounds like you're already better dressed then half the people there don't stress it. Your on Vacation not going to Work, Have Fun!

Michigan
Level Contributor
8,183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Proper dress....

I was there last Wed saw t shirts shorts and baseball caps being worn.

Chicago
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Proper dress....

I think Tealie is right. Personally I feel plenty comfortable in business casual and I believe it does sometimes does make some difference in service.

Doing something as simple as combing that shoulder hair can go a long way.