We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for Vegas

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
226 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for Vegas

Ok random topic, but I figured it could be helpful to those traveling soon.

What are some of the items you pack for Vegas, that you may not normally pack for any other vacation?

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for Vegas

Hand lotion and lip balm.

It's dry.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for Vegas

Advil.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for Vegas

Super-comfy shoes (runners) and moleskin (works better for blisters than band aids).

I can't bring myself to wear runners when I'm more dressed up at night, so Vegas is the only place IN THE WORLD where I will wear flats to get to where we're going and change into heels when I get there. So add a giant-sized purse to that list - I need space for that change of footwear.

Edited: 5:22 pm, March 25, 2013
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for Vegas

Don't forget Visine!

London, United...
Level Contributor
185 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for Vegas

Those fold up flat shoes for the walks home, lip balm, BareMinerals night cream to look human in the morning.

Atmore
Level Contributor
300 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing for Vegas

Fanny pack (i know,,,,it SCREAAAAMS TOURIST!), but I refused to drag a purse around...they fall off your shoulder, they can be heavy, you can put them down somewhere and leave them etc etc etc...all i wanted was somewhere to put my DL, health insurance cd, camera,money and sunglasses. Worked great and i never got tired of using it, it was a perfect size. I also took moleskin and band aids, hubby didn't take good walking shoes, i did, so he used it and said the moleskin saved him. Our sinuses dried out a lot due to being from the south, we aren;t used to that dry weather, so i would take some kind of lubricating nose spray next time. There is a lot that I packed that I didn't need such as aspirin, alka seltzer (regular and heartburn), nausea meds etc...there was a Walgreens right on the property we stayed at! I could have avoided all of that...if I had of needed something, we could have been there in 2 minutes or less. There are quite a few drug stores on the strip, they even sell hard liquor (which surprised me)..

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing for Vegas

Allergy medication. Fives and ones for tips.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing for Vegas

We like taking gatorade... helps build up the electrolytes after those late nights of indulging too much (really helps with the hangover the next day too!). The powdered stuff is light and stores in the suitcase good... or you could always pick some up in Vegas once there.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing for Vegas

Not a thing.

No matter where I am I wear comfortable shoes (I do not understand how adults must wear uncomfortable shoes in their everyday lives since so many need new footwear for LV)

I pack appropriately for the activities. Swimwear, eveningwear, exercise clothes. None of it is unique to LV, which is just another American city. Nothing special needed that isn't elsewhere for the same activity.

This topic is discussed here often. I am always surprised by how hard packing is for some. Seriously, 5 minutes before i walk out the door the clothes go in the bag. I travel often so my carry-on is always ready with the basics, the only thing added is the appropriate clothes for the trip.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing for Vegas

Black and Decker Brew 'n Go coffee maker, filters optional, good Hawai'ian coffee!!!