We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Olathe KS
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Topic
Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

Anyone have a friend or family member who refuses to try a hotel other than the crappy one they have always stayed in?

I have a good friend who honestly thinks that the Imperial Palace (Quad) is the best place in Vegas. He goes every year and refuses to change. He can afford any place.

I have stayed there twice, both times because he was organizing a trip related to his wedding. I hated the place, but he thinks it's high-living.

The crazy thing is that he is a lawyer...not some bumkin from the sticks!

Of course, he can stay where he is happy...he's a big boy. But it is frustrating that he won't try something new!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
386 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

maybe he doesn't want to blow his budget on a room where he won't spend the majority of his time...

not everyone goes to vegas to relax in the room and have a nice bath...

if the quad works for him why would you care ?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

He sounds like a fun guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. IP is in a great location, too.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

I'm with the "good friend" on this one. I hope "my" good friends aren't coming off as judgemental about MY choices to other people lol.

If it works for him, what's the problem?

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

I've been there. I just put my foot down and refused to stay there. But it helped that we were staying on my comps. The party in question thought that we stayed in better hotels but still longed for IP. Go figure!

I know people have reasons for liking IP or don't want to pay alot for rooms but there are better alternatives out there. People are cheating themselves by not testing the waters every now and again.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

Why is it frustrating you? As long as he is happy why do you care?

Read the thread on "worst hotel" people describe rooms that were awful and they actually stayed in the rooms, some for days, even saying it spoiled the trip. Rather than walk out people stay.

Adults can and should do what they want as long as it doesn't adversely affect anyone else.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
610 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

I am literally LOLLING at Losvu's comment.

I clearly remember a thread where you condescendingly said to an innocent poster, "I would never stay at Harrah's." when she had indicated that she was booked there.

Such a faker.

Edited: 3:31 pm, February 12, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

The OP isn't complaining that his friend likes staying at the Quad, he's saying it's frustrating that his friend refuses to try anything else. I know someone who's the exact same way - if he was a lawyer, I'd believe it was the same person!

What's especially frustrating is that he acts like we're wasting money by staying at a nicer hotel. I hear the same thing from him that many people on this board post - "You're only going to spend a few hours in that room! Why bother paying more than you have to?" Ugh.

Olathe KS
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

EASE UP PEOPLE

He's one of my best friends and of course he can stay where he wants. Why do I care? Because he is one of my best friends and I think he is missing out.

Let me also be clear. It's not that he has tried several places and finds the Imperial the best choice....he has only ever stayed at one place!

And no, I don't lose any sleep on this. However, this coming up trip, I am staying at the RIO :)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

LOL - Probably more than a few people on this forum consider Rio to be a dump.

(I'm not one of them)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
386 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crappy Hotels and the customers who refuse to change....

if his wife is so so looking, do you also encourage him to test the waters to find a better wife, just because he's your friend? lol

one man's trash is another man's gold