We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

Hi

I am heading to Vegas for 10 nights. I was going to book Treasure Island until I seen in their fine print that on top of taxes they charge an extra $28 a day resort fee to your bill. Do all hotels on the strip charge a 'resort fee'?

Tanya:)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

Caesars Palace, planet Hollywood, harrahs, ballys, flamingo and Paris don't charge any. They are part of Caesars entertainment. You'd have to pay extra for things like WiFi at these,places though.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,833 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

Don't get hung up on the resort fee - decide on your hotel shortlist and compare prices including resort fee where appropriate and charges for services that you plan to use such as internet access where there is no resort fee.

Involves some simple maths but I'm not worried whether the hotel cost is $100 or $75 + a $25 Resort Fee.

3. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 am, February 09, 2013
Edited: 6:34 am, February 09, 2013
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

I look at it this way all of the "nicer" hotels will charge a resort fee, with the exception of Caesars. So, I just include it in the final cost of the room. Like previous poster stated, I would not get "hung up" about the resort fees. Otherwise, you will miss out on staying at some of the nicest places on the Strip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

None of the properties you can book at Caesars.com/vegasvacation charge a resort fee.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

I dislike the idea of a resort fee so I stay at Caesers properties out of principle. Fortunately when I go on vacation I do not feel the need to be computerized so I dont have to pay any extras like that. Im guessing that as you checked costs you didnt notice the resort fee being charged. Do you feel it was "hidden" by design,or did you just miss it?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

You want wifi - pop into Mc donalds

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

The agent I intended booking with didn't mention resort fees and TI's website doesn't clearly state it when you're going through the booking process. If I were just there for a couple of nights it wouldn't be a big deal but as I'm there for 10 its almost an extra $300 dollars.

I stayed 3 years ago and that charge didn't exist and frankly I'd rather be without wifi and coupons and keep my 300 bucks. Anyoo I know now so I won't be shocked when I check in. Most places seem to charge this fee but some are more clear about it than others. Thanks everyone for the info:)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,395 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

"The agent I intended booking with didn't mention resort fees"

I would recommend not doing business with any individual or company that you can't trust to disclose all fees and the total cost of any product or service.

TI's site is very clear about resort fees. But they are also one of the few hotels that have some offers under which the resort fee is optional, ex: the TV special rate. So check the offers carefully. Of course this only applies to direct bookings.

10. Re: Do all hotels charge a daily 'Resort Fee'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 11, 2014