We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Just saw this in an email from the Las Vegas Advisor...

The Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace has raised prices again. That's four price increases in four months for Las Vegas' priciest buffet. It's now $25.99 for breakfast, $32.99 for lunch, $41.99 for Champagne brunch, $45.99 for dinner, and $50.99 for weekend dinner. The discount for showing a Total Rewards card is now just $1 for all meals.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

I wonder if this is worth it now for us to go there tonight? Or if we should head across to Paris or next door to Bellagio. Thoughts??

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,130 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Guess they're packing 'em in, and people must be paying it. Wonder where the price point is where people say "no thanks"?

Second "wonder" is how many people are using TR points for stuff like this so it's not like real money?

I typically only take one breakfast buffet when in Las Vegas, with an exception here and there. $26 is just beyond my "I'm not paying THAT to get my own food" line. :)

Florida
Level Contributor
210 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Wow, that is kind of nuts. I wanted to check it out but by the time I get there in April the price will probably be $299.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Agree with IrishFan on the breakfast prices. My two favorite Vegas breakfasts are Tableau at Wynn and Verandah at Four Seasons. I'm happy to pay $25-30 for excellent food, great service and a beautiful outdoor setting. Paying that for any regular buffet (rather than say a weekend brunch) just seems crazy.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,093 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

Write this Down. This is the official mantra of Las Vegas:

"If they could charge $5 more they would"

This applies to EVERYTHING in Las Vegas. If Quad could charge $5 more a night for their rooms they would. But they can't, because a guy down the street provides a better product for that same price. Until all of the other hotels above them raise their prices, Quad is locked in. But I guarantee you that as soon as they are able, they will charge that $5 more.

There is nothing stopping Caesars from charging that $5 more, so they do. If Caesars discovers that they are losing enough customers to their competition due to their pricing, they will either cut costs (quality) or lower the price. Until that happens, you better expect to pay this price.

And hope that they don't think they can charge $5 more, or the rate will go up again.

Welcome to Las Vegas. One of the last true bastions of capitalism.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

After I enjoyed such an excellent meal there last week, price did not matter. well worth what I paid. It is worth it.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

If we're paying $100 or more for dinner, it's going to be at a nice restaurant. The reviews say it's amazing but at the end of the day, it's still a buffet. I'd rather spend the money on a well prepared meal vs. standing in line then trying to eat myself into a food coma. But that's just me.

new york
Level Contributor
690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

I was planning on eating there in April but at these prices I do not think its worth it. I can get some very nice sit down meals at that pricepoint.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

I was going to go before Absinthe in April but not now. Might as well try out any of the other numerous fine dining at CP.

Boston...
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bacchanal Buffet Price Increase

That about prices me out of trying it.