We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM grand booking rooms

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MGM grand booking rooms

Hi, we are going to be staying at MGM this coming August, and I have a couple of booking questions:

Are there grand queen rooms on the same floor as a grand king room? We have booked one of each and would all like to be close(ish) - I know how massive this hotel is!

Is there any way to reserve/request rooms on the same floor? (we booked through Lowcostusa.co.uk

Another couple is coming out to meet us and staying for 7 days with us, they ve booked a grand king. Do you know if the check-in staff would be able to put them in a room near us too? I know it's a big ask, but any answers appreciated :) thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Why don't you email the hotel directly and ask them? I'm sure they are much better qualified to answer your questions than strangers on the internet

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,093 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Both the rooms with 1 bed and those with 2 are mixed throughout the hotel. Even if you put in a request for rooms on the same floor it wouldn't matter. Rooms are not pre-assigned so it would still depend on what is available when you get there. The good news is that there are so many rooms on each floor that your request should be fairly easy to accomodate.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Yeah the hotel has plenty of rooms so I wouldn't sweat it. Call them @ 877-880-0880 and explain your situation. The best they can probably do is make a notation in your account so when you actually do check in the check in clerk may try a little harder to make it happen. The MGM Grand is awesome. I will be there in 55 days enjoy your trip!

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Thanks Ktinca and Danzoman for your helpful suggestions, as for Misswynter. Thanks for nothing! No need for negative/bitchy comments!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Your welcome Teach! :D

Edited: 11:23 am, February 02, 2013
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

I was there in 2011 right before they started the renovation and it was great then. Cant wait to see how much better it is now! Awesome bang for your buck. And the only hotel on the strip you can wander down from your room at 4am and play Sigma Derby!

Edited: 11:26 am, February 02, 2013
Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

We just stayed there the first week of January. We booked a Grand King room for ourselves and a Grand Queen for our adult children who were with us. They put us very close together, basically our kids were right across the hall from us. My parents arrived a day later and told the check-in clerk that they had family already checked into the hotel and they gave my parents a room a few doors down from the kids...so yes, they accommodated us very well and put us all in close proximity from one another which was very nice. I would also suggest a couple of things....ask for rooms near the elevators...it is more convenient when coming and going from the rooms. Also, you can check in at the MGM airport kiosk and get your key cards there so when you arrive at the MGM you can go directly to your rooms. Trust me when I say this is the way to go as the check-in lines at the MGM are very long...my husband did not listen to me when we arrived and insisted we check in at the hotel...we waited in line about an hour lol....I told my parents to check in at the airport and they had no line and arrived at the hotel with the process already complete.

Enjoy your stay at the MGM! We loved it and I cant wait to stay there again.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Just curious is it just an electronic kiosk is is there actually somebody to talk to?

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

Unfortunately, there isn't a kiosk at the airport for internatlonal visitors who are flying direct to Vegas. It's only in Terminal 1.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MGM grand booking rooms

It is not an electronic kiosk, it is an actual check-in desk with a clerk behind it. Since I have never come in through a different terminal, I am just wondering since the kiosk is right across from Terminal 1 baggage claim, couldnt one go to terminal 1 to get to the check in desk after completing their process at terminal 2 or 3? You do not need to go through security measures to go to the baggage claim area....I'm not sure if this would work since I dont know the proximity.

Edited: 3:43 pm, February 02, 2013