We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

I was wondering if someone knows the difference between the deluxe and superior room at the Four Seasons in Las Vegas.

On the FS website the floor plan doesn't work, so the only difference I see is 50 sq.ft.

Can anyone comment whether the deluxe room is worth the extra money?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

Seems to me the only difference is the extra 50 sq ft in already a small room to start with.

If you want luxury then I would look in the Mandarin since it has the far superior location compared to the Four Seasons. The Mandarin is Center strip and is newer.

Is this your First trip to LV?

Do you realize that the 4 seasons occupies the top floors of Mandalay Bay which is across from the airport?

IMO if this is your first stay in L I would Not recommend 4 Seasons.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

During my last stay, price was the only decision maker. With the various promotions, different rooms were the most affordable. In the end, the Strip View was the cheapest during my December stay so that was the one I took. check out the different promotions on the 4S website as it gets closer to your trip. You may be surprised at what you find.

Personally, I didn't see any difference in the deluxe and superior rooms, and only the view was different in the Strip View.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,399 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

We've only stayed in the Superior room, although I know at least once we just booked Deluxe. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I can think of a couple of possible explanations of the difference:

The floorplan at Four Seasons is exactly the same as the rooms at Mandalay Bay, so the standard room averages 550 sq ft. At Mandalay Bay the rooms with 1 bed and those with 2 beds have different floorplans. They take some of the bathroom space away in the 2 bed room, to allow for a little more area for the 2nd bed. So the total sq footage is almost the same but proportioned differently. This may explain the difference at FS also.

Another possibility is that because the building is concaved, there are a handful of rooms on each floor (I believe 3 on each floor at Wynn) that are smaller than the others, to structurally allow the building to curve. This is probably the most likely explanation. This would mean there are a much smaller selection of Deluxe rooms than Superior, and explain why so many are upgraded when reserving the Deluxe.

One other thing unique to Mandalay Bay. There has always been one group of suites near the elevator, previously called the Honeymoon Suites but now I think called Spa Suite, that do not have floor-to-ceiling windows. These are the only rooms in the entire building that do not. I was told this is also for structural reasons.

So I wouldn't worry about the difference between the two rooms. I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade, but because the Strip view is so spectacular at FS, you might instead spend the difference on getting that view.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

Thanks for your answers.

@TheDiceMan: Yes this is my first time to Las Vegas. For some reason the rooms in the other hotels were extremely expensive for the dates of February 4 and 5. The Venetian was even full! I don't know what's happening during this time, it isn't a weekend...

The day after (Feb 6) prices are normal again and go down by over $100!

Anyways, I'm going with my dad, who prefers a calmer hotel, so it isn't so much of a problem.

5. Re: Four Seasons: Deluxe vs Superior room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 02, 2014