We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CBS Television City Research Center

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
CBS Television City Research Center

My niece and I will make our 14th? trip to Vegas in March for a week. We've pretty much done a lot of the things we've wanted to try over the years.

We thought we might try the CBS Television City Research Center

as a break from all the action on the strip.

Has anyone done this recently? Last post I saw was over 2 yrs. old.

TIA

Mary Ann

Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CBS Television City Research Center

My husband and I did it about 3 years ago. We were walking in that area and were approached by one of the workers. We both were in the target market for what they were doing that day and were asked to be on a panel that spoke with the producers of the show.

We watched the episode of CSI Miami and gave our opinions on it. The focus groups were split into male and female and lasted an hr ( so were were goig to be there a while).

I attended the session and they asked what were your other favorite shows in that genre, what other shows do you watch etc. they also asked about the specific episode. I made a comment that it was nice to see Cheryl Ladd back on TV and one of the girls commented 'who'? So that give you an idea that it was a fairly large range of ages they were looking for.

We were both paid $50 for our experiences even though as the men lined up they singled my husband out and paid him not to be on the focus group. Guess they didnt like his comments.

This past October we were walking outside of Ballys and were selected for the NBC one and were shown the pilot to 'Hanibal' , which was awful by the way. That one only paid $20.

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: CBS Television City Research Center

Thanks for the info. I never knew that they had an NBC one. We'll be staying at Bally's and ask about that one.

It sounds like an interesting way to spend a little time away from the temptations of the tables and machines.

Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CBS Television City Research Center

We were at Ballys last week and it wasn't open. Maybe just a seasonal thing?

4. Re: CBS Television City Research Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 25, 2014